Featured: 'Mu43 Wedding Experience' by SSSYURRR

SSSYURRR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Sergei Yurin
Hi, my name is Sergei Yurin, I am wedding photographer from Moscow, Russia.
I have a friend here in the community who's been asking me to join for a couple of months now. You might know him as LivingLoud.
I used Canon 5D Mark II and other canons + several L lenses for about seven years. January 1 2013 I decided to replace my Canon gear with Olympus OMD E-M5 with lenses listed in my signature. I can say that I was very impressed with the result from this little Oly camera:)
Now I want to share with community some of my photos from my weddings. At the moment shutter count on my OMD E-M5 shows 100K shutter actuations, it was heavily used, I've shot 60 weddings with Oly during year 2013. Also I bought E-P5 because I like how it looks like and how it works, IMO it's one of the most beautiful Oly cameras:)

UPD: if you interested then check all the pages of this topic, I'll share more pictures there:)

And now, several photos made by me with m43

1. E-P5 + 60/2.8 macro
u5Dzgsa.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. E-P5 + 9-18/4-5.6
zSzCWeq.jpg

3. E-M5 + 9-18/4-5.6
2cwYe5Z.jpg

4. E-M5 + 45/1.8
Ka60Cgj.jpg

5. E-P5 + 75/1.8 (my lucky combo!!!)
RPhkoNP.jpg

6. E-P5 + 75/1.8

zs4AAJi.jpg

7. E-M5 + 75/1.8
7ToOEFT.jpg

8. E-M5 + 9-18/4-5.6
mhhB0H5.jpg

9. E-P5 + 9-18/4-5.6
KAJQh8P.jpg

10. E-P5 + 75/1.8
6KCKq8A.jpg

11. E-P5 + 9-18/4-5.6
H3q4gJv.jpg

12. E-P5 + 9-18/4-5.6
huBcKoi.jpg

13. E-P5 + 75/1.8
aNtuCs6.jpg

14. E-P5 + 9-18
Z1fu1x5.jpg

15. E-P5 + 75/1.8
jXT1kNu.jpg

16. E-P5 +75/1.8
DKEmNGb.jpg

17. E-P5 + 75/1.8
Cp9bD0v.jpg

maybe one of my photos will promote somebody to switch to m43, that's would be cool:)
comments, questions etc are welcome

p.s. sorry for my english

taz98spin

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Wow!! Amazing photos! The colors are so vibrant and nice!

Welcome and please share more!! :2thumbs:

SojiOkita

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Hi,

Thanks for your post.
They're some great photos here.
I suppose there is a lot of work on the light when shooting, but I'm curious about what you use to process your images.
Can you explain a little bit how you proceed?

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
Sergei, these are wonderful photos. Love the "fun" that you capture in your photos. Well done!

Share more photos please!!

SSSYURRR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Sergei Yurin
Thank to all of you for attention and comments!
I'll share more later, sure, why not! I have a lot of photos:smile:

About post process: nothing special, I use LR 5.3 and Photoshop CS6, sometime use Portraiture and Alien Skin Exposure, that's all:thumbup:

by the way: all of these photos in bigger resolution are on my website, imo bigger pictures has more impression

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
Did a quick browse of your website's photos. WOW! Just as awesome! Hope you'll continue to share your photos.

Dramaturg

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Yevgen
Sergey, I've been looking for a thread like this for a long while! There are simply not too many good mu43 wedding galleries online. Your stuff is really amazing! I only wish you'd upload more photos to your Flickr and 500px. :smile: Just wonder what ISO did you use for the indoors pictures with 9-18 lens?

jsusilo

Mu-43 Veteran
Sublime images .. wonderful processing ... especially those wideangle O9-18 ... plus that O75 magic ... Great stuff.

Thanks for sharing!

Yohan Pamudji

Mu-43 Veteran
Sergei,

Fantastic work! May I recommend a 1-click edit in Lightroom on all 9-18mm shots to eliminate chromatic aberration? It's a personal quirk--it drives me crazy :D I'm sure your clients are too consumed by the beautiful composition and subject matter to notice though.

Thanks for demonstrating what m4/3 can do in the hands of a capable photographer. The m4/3 community has a bit of an inferiority complex from all the FF and APS-C sensor bullying, so it's always nice to be reaffirmed :)

Can you comment on your flash workflow? How do you trigger? I assume you always set flashes to manual? I keep playing with the idea of dumping Canon for m4/3 but haven't had the heart to give up wireless TTL on Canon using Phottix triggers.

Looking forward to seeing a lot more from you.

SSSYURRR

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Sergei Yurin
Thank you for comments, friends!
I'll try to answer to questions:

1. I almost never used ISO higher than 1600 on any camera I had, about ISO with 9-18 indoor - it depends, for example photo #11 made with low ISO since I wanted to capture the sky first and silhouette of the couple at the same moment, photo #2 was made at ISO 800 with flash behind me, that was rainy and cloud day in october, not much ambient light. Sometimes I used 9-18 in restaurant - there I used ISO 1600, almost always

2. I found that when I use Fl600 in TTL mode it has a big lag between I press the button and actual shot, it is inappropriate to me because people have time to close their eyes after pre flash fires, so I switched to full manual mode on camera and on flashes. In most of situations 1\8 of power of YN560III is enough for my needs.
To trigger flashes I use Yorngnuo RF-603C, had to modify them for Oly by myself.

3. I sold all my Canon stuff, must say that I didn't use canon in 2013, everything was made with Olympus without any problems, at the moment I also have Nikon 610, just in case:)

4. Yohan Pamudji, sure, tell us about your CA elimination method. Cannot say that 9-18 has many CA, but 75/1.8 has a lot of this stuff, I use brush tool in LR and I made action for PS to remove purple fringing

5. I just started my Instagram, Flickr and 500px, sure I will continue to share my photographs from all the cameras I had there:)

Jay86

Mu-43 Veteran
Fantastic work Sergei. And thanks for sharing it with us. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :2thumbs:

Jason C

Mu-43 Veteran
Brilliant work Sergei!

Almost makes me want to move to Russia and re-marry...don't tell my wife I just said that...

Seriously, excellent quality.

Jason

HappyFish

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Chad
awesome stuff :)
got to update my wedding pics :)
I still use a mix of OMD and FF gear about 50/50 but going to make the cut this year I think

agree about the TTL lag drives me mental have to go manual or get auto mode maybe ?

yes we are a small group of pros going M4/3 though but growing

Hyubie

Unique like everyone else
Real Name
Herbert
Wow!!!

I think this is the first time I've heard one of my fave lens -- the Oly 9-18 -- being used professionally. The images are very very good. OMG Oly should pay you.

Sent from my iPhone

Latest threads

Top Bottom