Featured: 'Mu43 Wedding Experience' by SSSYURRR

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by SSSYURRR, Mar 13, 2014.

SSSYURRR Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Sergei Yurin
    Hi, my name is Sergei Yurin, I am wedding photographer from Moscow, Russia.
    I have a friend here in the community who's been asking me to join for a couple of months now. You might know him as LivingLoud.
    I used Canon 5D Mark II and other canons + several L lenses for about seven years. January 1 2013 I decided to replace my Canon gear with Olympus OMD E-M5 with lenses listed in my signature. I can say that I was very impressed with the result from this little Oly camera:)
    Now I want to share with community some of my photos from my weddings. At the moment shutter count on my OMD E-M5 shows 100K shutter actuations, it was heavily used, I've shot 60 weddings with Oly during year 2013. Also I bought E-P5 because I like how it looks like and how it works, IMO it's one of the most beautiful Oly cameras:)

UPD: if you interested then check all the pages of this topic, I'll share more pictures there:)

And now, several photos made by me with m43

1. E-P5 + 60/2.8 macro

2. E-P5 + 9-18/4-5.6

3. E-M5 + 9-18/4-5.6

4. E-M5 + 45/1.8

5. E-P5 + 75/1.8 (my lucky combo!!!)

6. E-P5 + 75/1.8

7. E-M5 + 75/1.8

8. E-M5 + 9-18/4-5.6

9. E-P5 + 9-18/4-5.6

10. E-P5 + 75/1.8

11. E-P5 + 9-18/4-5.6

12. E-P5 + 9-18/4-5.6

13. E-P5 + 75/1.8

14. E-P5 + 9-18

15. E-P5 + 75/1.8

16. E-P5 +75/1.8

17. E-P5 + 75/1.8

maybe one of my photos will promote somebody to switch to m43, that's would be cool:)
    comments, questions etc are welcome

p.s. sorry for my english
    • Like Like x 404
    • Winner Winner x 2
    This ad does not show to logged in members. Click here to register for free.
  2. taz98spin

taz98spin Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 13, 2011
    Wow!! Amazing photos! The colors are so vibrant and nice!

Welcome and please share more!! :2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 6
  3. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Feb 23, 2014

Thanks for your post.
    They're some great photos here.
    I suppose there is a lot of work on the light when shooting, but I'm curious about what you use to process your images.
    Can you explain a little bit how you proceed?
    • Like Like x 4
  4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Sergei, these are wonderful photos. Love the "fun" that you capture in your photos. Well done!

Share more photos please!!
    • Like Like x 4
  5. LivingLoud

LivingLoud Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 8, 2013
    Maxim Guselnikov
    You've finally made it! Nice to see you here my friend! )
    • Like Like x 6

SSSYURRR Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Sergei Yurin
    Thank to all of you for attention and comments!
    I'll share more later, sure, why not! I have a lot of photos:smile:

About post process: nothing special, I use LR 5.3 and Photoshop CS6, sometime use Portraiture and Alien Skin Exposure, that's all:thumbup:

by the way: all of these photos in bigger resolution are on my website, imo bigger pictures has more impression
    • Like Like x 22
  7. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Did a quick browse of your website's photos. WOW! Just as awesome! Hope you'll continue to share your photos.
    • Like Like x 2
  8. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Thank you for sharing, Sergei, great stuff!
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Dramaturg

Dramaturg Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Sergey, I've been looking for a thread like this for a long while! There are simply not too many good mu43 wedding galleries online. Your stuff is really amazing! I only wish you'd upload more photos to your Flickr and 500px. :smile: Just wonder what ISO did you use for the indoors pictures with 9-18 lens?
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 All-Pro

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Beautiful images! Welcome to the forum.

• Like Like x 2
  11. jsusilo

jsusilo Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2012
    Sublime images .. wonderful processing ... especially those wideangle O9-18 ... plus that O75 magic ... Great stuff.

Thanks for sharing!
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 21, 2012
    Mississippi, USA

Fantastic work! May I recommend a 1-click edit in Lightroom on all 9-18mm shots to eliminate chromatic aberration? It's a personal quirk--it drives me crazy :D I'm sure your clients are too consumed by the beautiful composition and subject matter to notice though.

Thanks for demonstrating what m4/3 can do in the hands of a capable photographer. The m4/3 community has a bit of an inferiority complex from all the FF and APS-C sensor bullying, so it's always nice to be reaffirmed :)

Can you comment on your flash workflow? How do you trigger? I assume you always set flashes to manual? I keep playing with the idea of dumping Canon for m4/3 but haven't had the heart to give up wireless TTL on Canon using Phottix triggers.

Looking forward to seeing a lot more from you.
    • Like Like x 8

SSSYURRR Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Sergei Yurin
    Thank you for comments, friends!
    I'll try to answer to questions:

1. I almost never used ISO higher than 1600 on any camera I had, about ISO with 9-18 indoor - it depends, for example photo #11 made with low ISO since I wanted to capture the sky first and silhouette of the couple at the same moment, photo #2 was made at ISO 800 with flash behind me, that was rainy and cloud day in october, not much ambient light. Sometimes I used 9-18 in restaurant - there I used ISO 1600, almost always

2. I found that when I use Fl600 in TTL mode it has a big lag between I press the button and actual shot, it is inappropriate to me because people have time to close their eyes after pre flash fires, so I switched to full manual mode on camera and on flashes. In most of situations 1\8 of power of YN560III is enough for my needs.
    To trigger flashes I use Yorngnuo RF-603C, had to modify them for Oly by myself.

3. I sold all my Canon stuff, must say that I didn't use canon in 2013, everything was made with Olympus without any problems, at the moment I also have Nikon 610, just in case:)

4. Yohan Pamudji, sure, tell us about your CA elimination method. Cannot say that 9-18 has many CA, but 75/1.8 has a lot of this stuff, I use brush tool in LR and I made action for PS to remove purple fringing

5. I just started my Instagram, Flickr and 500px, sure I will continue to share my photographs from all the cameras I had there:)
    • Like Like x 20
  14. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Fantastic work Sergei. And thanks for sharing it with us. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. :2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Jason C

Jason C Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 10, 2014
    Brilliant work Sergei!

Almost makes me want to move to Russia and re-marry...don't tell my wife I just said that...

Seriously, excellent quality.

• Like Like x 12
  16. HappyFish

HappyFish Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 8, 2012
    awesome stuff :)
    got to update my wedding pics :)
    I still use a mix of OMD and FF gear about 50/50 but going to make the cut this year I think

agree about the TTL lag drives me mental have to go manual or get auto mode maybe ?

yes we are a small group of pros going M4/3 though but growing
    • Like Like x 2
  17. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Great work here. Fantastic compositions and superb post processing. Thanks for showing us how to do it properly!
    • Like Like x 2
  18. arch stanton

arch stanton Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Incredible images! Thank you :)
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010

I think this is the first time I've heard one of my fave lens -- the Oly 9-18 -- being used professionally. The images are very very good. OMG Oly should pay you.

Sent from my iPhone
    • Like Like x 10
  20. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    • Like Like x 2