1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Feature Inquiry: Status Messages

Discussion in 'Site information' started by TVAkevin, Sep 20, 2016.

1. TVAkevin

TVAkevin Mu-43 Regular

Apr 28, 2016
    Winfield, IL
    Kevin
    I have used other forums (Xenforo, which I believe this is) wherein users were allowed to create a status message. This often allowed for very specific questions to be asked of the community, create offshoot conversations that may not fit in any specific forum section, or just allow for some injection of personality, etc. I found that it is an excellent way for knowledge to be shared and for members to speak directly to each other in an open, public way.

I was curious as to whether you have considered adding that feature of if there may be an appetite for it from the members.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I like that feature as well. It's actually a default Xenforo feature that I disabled here a long time ago because it comes with other features that some members complained about, like centralized viewing of profile posts.

Those are public anyway, but some felt it was too public to make them viewable from a centralized location.

I think it's actually time to bring it back and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion!