fdny fighting a fire near city hall

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
grabbed these with the gf1 and had 2 lenses with me the 15 voigtlander 4.5 and a 50 mm yashica 1.9

these guys were like a well oiled machine dealing with a fire in the back of a building deep in an alley

they dont play!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View image in gallery

View image in gallery

View image in gallery

View image in gallery

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
I've been very fortunate never to need the help our fire fighters can give, but have always admired their selfless bravery. A well oiled fire fighting life saving machine, indeed.

Good for you for having your camera and using it! The image of the fireman working on attaching the hose to the hydrant, water spraying, his helmet on the sidewalk - and a restaurant chalkboard menu in the background gets to me the most.

Thanks for putting these up cosinaphile.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
of course ..... it s a privilige to share at this forum

It was hard to get a sharp shot , as they moved very quickly and it was quite dark.

i was lamenting that my 50 1.5 nokton or 57 1.2 konica for the greater speed and my ep1 for the ability to image stabilize these mf lenses were left at home.they would have given me perhaps 4 stops advantage between them

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Hey, cosinaphile there's always next time when you will have your E-P1! You were there and you took the photos! I'm not sure that I would have had the wherewith all to even think about photographing at something like that. So good for you!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom