1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

fdny fighting a fire near city hall

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by cosinaphile, Feb 14, 2010.

1. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I've been very fortunate never to need the help our fire fighters can give, but have always admired their selfless bravery. A well oiled fire fighting life saving machine, indeed.

Good for you for having your camera and using it! The image of the fireman working on attaching the hose to the hydrant, water spraying, his helmet on the sidewalk - and a restaurant chalkboard menu in the background gets to me the most.

Thanks for putting these up cosinaphile.

• Like Like x 1
  3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    of course ..... it s a privilige to share at this forum

It was hard to get a sharp shot , as they moved very quickly and it was quite dark.

i was lamenting that my 50 1.5 nokton or 57 1.2 konica for the greater speed and my ep1 for the ability to image stabilize these mf lenses were left at home.they would have given me perhaps 4 stops advantage between them

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Great job!
    Your right, 1st responders do not mess around.....

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Hey, cosinaphile there's always next time when you will have your E-P1! You were there and you took the photos! I'm not sure that I would have had the wherewith all to even think about photographing at something like that. So good for you!