Favorite VSCO Film Presets?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Nathanael, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    I've been experimenting with VSCO Film lately and liking the results so far. Curious if there's other users here? If so, what are your favorite presets? I have Packs 1-6 and there's a LOT to pick through so I'm working on finding some favorites. So far I've been working with Pack 1 (Modern films) and 4 (Slide films).

Some I like so far:
    Fuji 160-C (Pack 1) all around
    Kodak E-200 (Pack 4) all around
    Fuji Astia&Velvia (Pack 4) dramatic landscapes
    Afga Vista 400 Night/Tungsten (Pack 5) streets at night

Pack 3 (instant film) seems pretty useless as most are too overbearing. Pack 6 (Cross Process/Push Pull) is a mystery to me as I don't know what sorts of images usually work with those techniques.

Let me know what I should be trying out! Also I'd love to hear a favorite monochrome preset as I haven't dug through them much yet.

Share some photos processed with VSCO as well, when I have time later I will upload some of my own.

22495627651_6b8b732fec_b.
    Kodak E-200

22350712598_0ac37bf433_b.
    Afga Vista 400 Night/Tungsten

2. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    My favorite by far is Fuji Velvia 50, I use it whenever I want a saturated look. It is about the only one I ever use.

A few examples of Velvia 50

I did use VSCO Pack #3 PX-70 for a series of graveyard photos that I did.

• Like Like x 3
  3. TNcasual

TNcasual Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2014
    Knoxville, TN
    I would like to use some VSCO sets. However, I only have PS CS4. I cannot seem to find if any of the current sets are compatible with it, or if there is a way to acquire older sets that would be compatible.

In the mean time I have to settle with VSCO Cam on the iPad. I have a modified some settings on preset 01 to give me a boosted contrasty B&W that I like to use.

18197160154_56805c96c3_b.

18306415622_dd5ece2033_b.

Although, now that I have Tonality on the iMac, I am using it more.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nathanael

Nathanael Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 12, 2015
    Great images and well processed. Also cool to see the instant film presets put to a very appropriate use. I got all 6 packs at a "discount" so while I probably wouldn't go out of my way for certain packs since I have them it's nice to see potential uses.

5. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    Thank you......I do only use them as a starting point and make changes from there.

6. SojiOkita

SojiOkita Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 23, 2014
    France
    Seems very interresting... I have only the 0 pack (the free one).
    I looked at the prices for the other packs, I was kind of shocked...