1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Favorite Lens - Small Child

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by fastcar888, Apr 9, 2011.

1. fastcar888

fastcar888 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2011
    Florida
    I travel by plane, once a month with my wife, to see our grandson (10 months). Right now, I am probably only going to take the 20mm and 45mm with me. But I am curious to know what you like best for small kids. (A lot of indoor shooting in their home). I plan to takes stills and movies.

What is your favorite lens when you photograph a child of one to three years? Thanks.

2. isabel95

isabel95 Mu-43 Top Veteran

The 20mm should be perfect...

You need a fast shutter speed to keep up with a small child, and one that locks focus fast. The Panasonic 20mm is up to the job.

My son has a very dark home with 3 year old twins - My favorite camera for shooting them was my Fujifilm F30, which is very good in low light.

I didn't have the E-PL1 when I last saw them, but for sure that camera plus the 20mm would be my setup of choice.

Isabel

QUOTE=fastcar888;97383]I travel by plane, once a month with my wife, to see our grandson (10 months). Right now, I am probably only going to take the 20mm and 45mm with me. But I am curious to know what you like best for small kids. (A lot of indoor shooting in their home). I plan to takes stills and movies.

What is your favorite lens when you photograph a child of one to three years? Thanks.[/QUOTE]