1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Faulty image from Panasonic GF2

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Alex Haigh, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Alex Haigh

Alex Haigh Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 26, 2011
    Dorking, UK
    I bought a GF2 a couple of week ago and so far i've been very pleased with it until today when I discovered this image...

[​IMG]

As you can see the lower section of the photo is shifted a few pixels to the right with the pixels lost from the right hand edge filling the gap left on the left hand side. The colour balance and brightness of the two sections are different as well. This is exactly how it came off the camera, apart from being resized for uploading, but unfortunately I deleted the original file from the memory card before I noticed the problem so I can't tell if it was caused by an error in transferring it between the card and the computer.

I've taken about 450 photos with the camera so far using the 14-42mm and 14mm kit lenses and this is the only one that I've noticed any problems with. Obviously it's not the most dramatic photo ever, and even if it was its probably salvageable, but clearly something is amiss so does anyone have any idea what the cause might be?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

P.S. This is my first post on this site but i've been browsing the forums quite a bit since I got my GF2. This is the first time i've had a "proper" camera and the information and images on here have been really helpful and inspiring so thanks to everyone.

2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Looks like a problem with your memory card.

3. Alex Haigh

Alex Haigh Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 26, 2011
    Dorking, UK
    It occurred to my while I was writing the post the post that that was probably the case. I suppose that's what you get for buying the cheapest generic card on amazon instead of a reputable brand. Good to be reassured there's probably nothing wrong with the actual camera though so thanks for the reply.

4. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    It looks like a corrupted jpeg. As Statokaster said, the memory card or a glitch during transfer.

Fred