1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Father Daughter portrait with E-M5

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by jalex, May 13, 2012.

1. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    I used the E-M5's RC feature to fire one Olympus FL 50R off camera (in a softbox.) Pana leica 25 f1.4 and the E-m5
    I was impressed with the way the camera handled the skin tones. I didn't have to mess with the color in post processing like I often did with my various Canon DSLRs.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/janie_miranda/7191612114/" title="Father Daughter Portrait by ~Jane, on Flickr"> 7191612114_60c083110b_c. "640" height="800" alt="Father Daughter Portrait"></a>

• Like Like x 10
  2. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    Well done Jane.

Very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  3. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Jane, excellent work, very good lighting. Looks like that new Oly sensor renders colors really well!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Thank you John and Penfan.
    Penfan yes I am so impressed with the colors from the Oly cameras!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yes, very nice! I don't have a clue about this type of photography but I know when it works, and this works...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  6. jalex

jalex Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Jane
    Very kind of you Ray :) 

7. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    :2thumbs: Superb shot, Jane! What softbox did you use?

While I've not produced anything as nice as this, I've been shooting my E-M5 in RAW/JPG and haven't needed to mess with RAW processing at all. The E-M5's JPGs are just fine for almost anything I need.

But that's only two weeks worth of "playing." When I get serious with some macro work, it may be a different story. Love the way this camera produces!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.