Fat Bikes in Action

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by boulderjoe, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Indianpeaksjoe

Indianpeaksjoe Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    I know there are a few folks with fat bikes on here(I'm looking at you Harvey Melvin Richards) , lets post some pics for the winter.
    tumblr_nhzjs6YGIK1u1jegwo1_1280.
    tumblr_nhzjoqkjPx1u1jegwo1_1280.
    tumblr_nhzdzdBhQm1u1jegwo1_1280.
    tumblr_nhvlzgRnWF1u1jegwo1_1280.

I'm using an OMD-EM5, I use P- Mode, center auto focus, center weighted Low speed auto-drrive or Sports Scene mode for most pics.

How do you carry your camera on your bike? If there is tons of snow I carry it in an Ortleib handlebar bag, but only if I know the trail is going to be buttery smooth. Otherwise I carry it in my backpack in a fleece sack.

-Joe

• Like Like x 9
  2. Harvey Melvin Richards

Harvey Melvin Richards Photo Posting Junkie

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    Nice photos Joe. Even at 10,000 feet we don't have that much snow.

For me to post action pictures, I need to figure out the self timer and carry a tripod, or teach my dogs how to use a camera. It might be easier to just teach the dogs.

I almost always carry a 180° Panorama pack, and I usually carry my camera in a Digital Holster, using the pack attachment kit. This works well for me because my camera is protected, and it's easy to access quickly. It's a little slower to carry the camera in the pack, but I do on occasion. The disadvantage to the Digital Holster is that I have to undo 4 clips and set the Holster somewhere whenever I get into the upper part of my pack.

I have a frame bag and a handlebar bag on my bike, so I can carry the stuff I need to quickly get there. So far I have resisted carrying any lenses or my camera in the big bags.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Indianpeaksjoe

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    Ha! I know, my only problem with the EM5 is the self timer. I can't figure out why my previous point and shoot had an adjustable self timer with multiple shots and my EM5 doesn't. Couldn't a software update fix this?

A few favorites from today.
    tumblr_ni6qetsETF1u1jegwo1_1280.
    tumblr_ni6qfxUueZ1u1jegwo1_1280.

-Joe

• Like Like x 5
  4. chipshot713

chipshot713 Mu-43 All-Pro

May 24, 2012
    Pearland, Texas
    Kelly
    Joe , one way to solve the timer problem with the EM-5 is get a cheap Wireless Remote shutter controller.. The transmitter you can hold in your hand and it fairly hidden or you can hold it behind your back and activate it. Dogs are smart but I doubt they can operate an E-M5. Heck I barely can...:rolleyes
    Check ebay for a JM-II Wireless remote by JJC. It replaces the Olympus RM-UC1 and a lot cheaper. Good Luck

5. Indianpeaksjoe

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    Hey Chipshot - Good idea, I bought a plug in GSI Super Quality Multi-Function Timer Remote Control, but I don't use it too much as the super long cable and set up make it a bit of a pain.

Plus I need the excuse to pick up and OMD-EM1!

Cheers,
    -Joe

• Like Like x 1
  6. Harvey Melvin Richards

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Indianpeaksjoe

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    Great pics and everyone knows dogs love fat bikes!

-Joe

• Like Like x 1
  8. Harvey Melvin Richards

Feb 15, 2014
    Southwest Utah
    And rabbits. This ride was in the appropriately named Jack Rabbit Wash, and my dogs are laying by me comatose, way too many rabbits were chased.

9. SSSYURRR

SSSYURRR Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Sergei Yurin
    Fatbikes are great!!! I have On one Fatty:2thumbs:

10. Indianpeaksjoe

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    Harvey - I picked up a Mindshift Trail pack, thanks for the recommendation. It is so much nicer to grab a camera out of that compared to futzing with my Ortlieb handlebar pack. Plus I think the camera is about 10x more protected.

P1210133.
    P1210098.

-Joe

• Like Like x 3
  11. Nightdiver13

Nightdiver13 New to Mu-43

Jan 10, 2015
    Cool shot man.

• Like Like x 1