FastRawViewer 2.0 released.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
Just spotted this update.

Seems newer interface being a major update. New user's price $19.99 (After Sept. 1, 2021 retail jumps to $23.99), and users prior to Jan. 2021 get 40% off upgrade ($14.39).

One of the better, and faster, culling program for sharpness and exposure, imho..

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Seems newer interface being a major update. New user's price $19.99 (After Sept. 1, 2021 retail jumps to $23.99), and users prior to Jan. 2021 get 40% off upgrade ($14.39).

One of the better, and faster, culling program for sharpness and exposure, imho..
Can it show side by side photos for comparison ?

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran

It's one of those pieces of software that I bought because it was cheap and I was curious about it. I'm not sure it culls any better or faster {For ME} than ACDSee. I can see where a high volume photographer (weddings, news, etc.) might value it, but as a low volume amateur photographer with quite a bit of experience, I don't think it adds much value for me.

I'm more of a 'seat of the pants' type photographer when it comes to post processing.

Mack

Mu-43 All-Pro
As to side-by-side comparison for photos, it doesn't alter the photo as it is not an editor and more of a quick RAW image viewer

It's shows the RAW image's data with regards to sharpness and exposure data (Love the larger histogram with the exposure Over/Under data beneath it!). I cull from a memory card with it, right-click on the best image which also allows me to move it off onto the hard drive to edit later with other software, and continue culling with it.

More operational info is on their website: https://www.fastrawviewer.com/

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Great! I got the free upgrade since I purchased v1 after January 1st of this year. :)

These are the "big changes":
  • Multi-window Display Mode with synchronous zoom, pan, focus peaking, over/underexposure highlighting, and the ability to copy the rendering parameters of RAW files
  • Renaming files: either single files or groups, with optional use of templates.
  • Improved performance, especially when using fast and slow data media at the same time.
  • Improved user interface: Advanced Selection Mode improvements; Move from _Rejected; and more

frankmulder

Mu-43 Top Veteran
It seems version 2.0 supports this, yes:

1627399761879.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

slmoore

Mu-43 Regular
Excellent. I just bought in May and hadn't seen this. I am sure that I have a different workflow from most. I primarily use Apple Photos for DAM and syncing between devices.

My use case for FastRawViewer - I shoot a lot of my indoor basketball for my teenage daughter and her teammates. I am using the 35-100 2.8, shooting raw, and in burst mode. I shoot in raw because I want to denoise the keepers using DXO Prime, and even at f2.8 I'm often at ISO 6400. At the end of a tournament, I may have over 1000 images, and am trying to cull it down to about 30. It is amazing even when exposure triangle, focus, and focal length are right how many shots are unusable because the face is obstructed, or the subject has an awkward look on their face and so on. I don't want the non-keepers in my library syncing to other devices. FRV has been invaluable to me since I started using it. Cut processing time way down vs using only Apple Photos.

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Tried to upgrade but the email they have is an old PayPal email address that is no longer valid, so there is no way for them to send me the upgrade details.
When I purchased this originally I thought it odd that I did not have to make an account and wondered what would happen if you could not maintain your details.

Sent them my order number, waiting to see if I get a reply to the email I would like linked to my order and future upgrades.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom