1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Fast, bekehlicious 35mm or 50mm c-mount lens

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by hnaa, Feb 20, 2013.

1. hnaa

hnaa New to Mu-43

Mar 27, 2012
    Hey everyone, I would like to get a fast 35mm or 50mm c- mount lens to make creative portraits with. I am in particular looking for that crazy, swirly bokeh. I would like a good quality lens, and don't mind paying for it, however 2000$ for a Schneider 50/0.95 is definately over my budget. Any suggestions?

2. nikki

nikki Mu-43 Regular

Aug 2, 2010
    dublin ireland
    get a leica summicron c 40mm - not sure about crazy bokeh but costs a hell of a lot less than $2000 dollars !:smile:

3. burdickjp

burdickjp Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 25, 2013
    Lenses of the Biotar formula tend to have rather interesting bokeh. Zeiss made many in this variety. I've heard good of the CZJ-type. Many people will opt for the Helios 44, though it only goes down to f/2.0
    I opted for a Helios 44-3, as they are the newest available preset type, and are thus multicoated.
    I'm sure you're looking for something better than those, but try picking up a Helios on Ebay and see if you like it. If anything it shouldn't be hard to turn around and resell.

4. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Or you can go super cheap and look at the Fujian 25mm, 35mm and 50mm cmounts.. all for under $30 in most places... the 50 and 25 i have certainly have a swirly looking bokeh..

5. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Eric
    +1 I'm partial to the 35mm f1.7, but it probably has the most normal bokeh out of the three.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.