Fashion show video

dirtdevil

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Hi all,

Now that I know how to handle the photography aspect of fashion shows, I would need your opinion on how to FILM a fashion show.

Here is what I expect to do...correct me if I'm wrong :

1 camera on a monopod or tripod remains stable and left untouched while it records the whole show, wide angle, at the end of the runway near the photographers to get the whole body.

1 camera on my video tripod and video head that will keep me busy by zooming in on the approaching models, and do a pan shot from feet to head while they're approaching...then slightly zoom out..... Repeat the process for the next model entering the stage.

In post-production I would edit the video this way :

Model enters, zoom in, pan the whole body from feet to head, then transition to the 2nd camera with the wide angle lens to show the whole body while the model gets to the end of the runway near the photographers.
Next model, and so on.

Should I get the 50-200 PL for the zoom part?

I already have what you see in my signature.

I got told to look at Versace and Armani fashion shows, but from what I see in general, you have at least 3 different point of views, probably handled by 3 different videographers (because they move the camera around a bit). Maybe I'd need to call a friend and give him a portion of the money I'll receive to assist me with the 2nd camera to get more dynamic shots instead of a steady, untouched wide angle video.

What do you all think?

Here is an example of what I got asked to replicate (in the video, I can identify 3 different cameraman though) :

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom