Farewell mu-43.com

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by JamieW, Mar 19, 2014.

1. JamieW

JamieW Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2013
    Hi guys,

Haven't posted much lately. I just wanted to post and say farewell all the great people I've met on this forum over the last 5 months. This is a really exceptional community, and I am glad to have been a part of it.

Unfortunately, my plan of converting me and my wife to MFT didn't stick. Aside from the tethering to Lightroom thing, I really liked the system, but she was too used to her Canon gear and decided to stick with it. When I decided I wanted to buy a Panasonic 42.5mm 1.2 at the same time she decided she wanted to buy a Canon 85mm 1.2, we realized this wasn't going to work out. When we decided to start dabbling in wildlife photography, it got even more complicated.

Long story short, we have a very uncomfortable sectional couch to have to sleep on so I'm back on a Canon 70D / 6D now. I already miss my 5 axis IBIS already, but I'm betting the Tamron 150-600 I pre-ordered (940mm FOV with image stabilizer and autofocus) will help alleviate some of the heartache. :)

Take care guys, and thanks for letting me be a part of your community. Happy Shooting!
    • Like Like x 9
  2. jloden

jloden Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 15, 2012
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Bummer Jamie, sorry to see you go but I know how it goes with gear changes to be sure!
  3. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Wait a second, I'm without any m4/3s gear for a few weeks now...I am supposed to "go"??
  4. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    • Like Like x 1
  5. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    I've left a time or two. But I always wind up back. .....You'll be back, ....eventually. :th_salute:
  6. Drdave944

Drdave944 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 2, 2012
    I bought my wife a Panny G5. Now she is hooked but we still use Canon.She has always had Rebels and I still think D5 full frame is best media for long shots I. I almost always carry two cameras when traveling.
  7. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Happy Shooting buddy! Do what works for you :2thumbs:
  8. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Even though you have defected to the dark side, you are still welcome here.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    I hate those things. Does it have metal bars to cripple your back?
    Go to IKEA, buy the cheapest : they are all good.
  10. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Look after your back, man! (150-600 on full frame....) :bravo-009:
  11. kinlau

kinlau Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 29, 2012
    I carry both a 7D with a telephoto and a m43 body like the GH 2 or 3 or even my GF3 with 20/1.7.

I'm thinking of converting my GH1 to IR only.

I find in many cases, they're complementary.
  12. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    Interesting thing about m43 is that many folks who tried the system and left, have eventually come back. There is nothing like it on the market.
  13. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jamie, good luck with the Canon!

14. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hahahh ...go away Dean...dont look at these threads. The fine is USD 100 per thread peeping if u dont have MFT gear :biggrin::big grin:I am shooting with Sigma DP3M these days and hence an outcast:wink:
    Anyway Jamie ..The best gear or camera is u are comfortable shooting with . Enjoy Canon 70D and 6D ..they are superb DSLRs and Canon sensor is very nice .
  15. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've left and came back after a stint with the Nikon 1 system. M43 is the best well-rounded MILC system in the market. Good as a complimentary or main system.