1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fannypack or Bag for mu43 Gear?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by newbert, Jul 25, 2012.

1. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    Now that I've acquired some mu43 gear, I'm looking for something to neatly store it and carry it in. Ideally, I'd like it to be a fannypack, but a small bag would do as well.

It would need to hold an Olympus OM-D EM-5 and these lenses: Olympus 12-50, Panasonic 20/1.7 and Nikkon Micro 55/3.5 with Nikon/mu43 adapter. I might add a grip to the camera and/or a wired remote in the future, so the bag should accommodate those things as well.

So, can anyone offer any recommendations to me?

Thanks!

2. Adubo

Adubo SithLord

Nov 4, 2010
    Globetrotter
    Andrew
    I have a lowepro inverse 100 AW if youre trying to go "kinda small", its the best fanny pack for the size. It will fit your stuff, and some more. If youre looking at maximum comfort/doesnt mind the size, the think tank speed demon is my most used bag with my DSLR rig.

3. mnhoj

mnhoj There and back again

Dec 3, 2011
    Los Angeles
    John M
    I have a Thinktank Hubba Hubba Hiney and a speedbelt. A shoulder bag that converts to a pseudo fanny pack. I can also add a pouch for a water bottle and a small bag for other lenses or gear.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I bought this bag at Amazon: UTG Multi-functional Tactical Messenger Bag: Amazon.com: Sports & Outdoors
    It's a pistol shooter's bag that's a nice size, waterproof, holds a water bottle or large telephoto lens in a side pocket and has room for lots of extras like batteries and filters. It easily holds my E-P3, an E-PL2, a PL 100-300mm, a 45mm, 20mm and my kit 14-45mm plus eight batteries, numerous SD cards, a pin wide lens and a folding desktop tripod. The side facing the hip is well padded and it's very comfortable to carry. It's also relatively inexpensive. :biggrin:

5. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
  6. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    I own a LowePro BackPack that holds my DSLR gear, and I've been quite pleased with it. The Inverse 100 AW looks like it might be just what I'm looking for. (I watched the product video on Amazon...)

Thanks!

7. newbert

newbert Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Glens Falls, NY
    Thanks, Bob. I like the price, but I'm not too sure about how it looks.... :frown:

8. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    It comes in several colors, I bought one called stone - which is basically tan. Of course the style may not work for you either, but I like the wide, padded shoulder strap and the way it rides low on my hip, out of the way. It is larger than a fanny pack, but I thought it was something to consider. :biggrin:

9. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    Yes. Configurable as either. Available in various colors: Special Operations Technologies Also available in their cheaper imported "Paladin" line: Special Operations Technologies

monopod.

As RevBob's bag also illustrates, there is a huge variety of these "tactical" bags and packs --- many make great camera bags. Most are unpadded but lack of unnecessary bulk is more important to me than padding. There are also padded bag inserts available if you want them.

10. steve16823

steve16823 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 26, 2011
    Brookfield, IL