Fancier Delta 400a Bag - A Budget Bag - Quick Review.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Gyles, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    Just got myself one of these bags and would like to share my thoughts with you. Hope this helps and that I've posted it in the correct place.

It's a compact sling style bag in canvas that comes in a range of colours. It's very well padded with an adjustable and fully removable insert. It claims to be made of waterproof canvas, but a wouldn't trust the zips in wet weather so an additional cover may be required. It sits comfortably on the shoulder with a wide but unpadded strap, which I found easy to adjust. The main compartment is accessible via a double zip. It'll easily hold 1 body with lens plus 3 other lenses and a flash. Or 2 bodies with lenses, perhaps another lens and flash. Yon might even squeeze a pac-a-mac in there to beside the padded insert. The front pocket in big enough to fit those essential accessories, batteries, cards, filters etc. Outside there is a small pocket ideal to slip in your lens cap. There is a little mesh pocket that'll hold a bottle of water. The video link below shows straps underneath for a tripod, mine did not come with these although no claims where made that this would be so. There are are pair of non adjustable loops from which you could slip one leg of a tripod in if you wished.

It's a nice light bag, that swings round quickly and effortlessly enabling you to spring into action. Ideal for me when I'm out walking or travelling. Would be good for use on the street.

Just a couple of quick snaps.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/75348636@N03/8050047838/" title="P1110190 by Groovii D, on Flickr"> 8050047838_6e0099ea68. "500" height="375" alt="P1110190"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/75348636@N03/8050046970/" title="P1110195 by Groovii D, on Flickr"> 8050046970_29dfdaed04. "500" height="375" alt="P1110195"></a>

There's a video on YouTube [ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjIi-MKfSUs]What's in my Fancier Delta 400 Shoulder Bag? - YouTube[/ame] that's pretty decent.

The truth of it is, it's an inexpensive Chinese bag and I'm very pleased with this bag considering the low price and would highly recommend it. I got mine for £15 GBP posted from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fancier-Dig...3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349263866&sr=1-3 , also this price on eBay. Prices and availability vary, I have also seen this bag with different branding.

I'll update this thread once I've really put it to the test to see if it holds up and add some better images.

I am no way associated with the product or companies mentioned above.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Quick update.

I had a chance to use this bag yesterday. I ventured into a local forest on a fungi hunt.

Packed it with my gf1 with p20 attached. Took my p14-45 and hexanon 50/17 plus a set of extension tubes. Could have packed in more, perhaps another lens at a squeeze. Outside I had a bottle of water and hooked on my generic gorilla pod. Phone, keys, knife etc in the front pocket.

I found this bag a joy to use. Easy to access all my kit, everything was at hand. Bag didn't flap about when negotiating some tricky logs. Stayed put until I reached round to pull it in front of me. The only small criticism I could find is that the strap could have been padded for extra comfort, not a major issue though. An easy fix.

I'd highly recommend this bag, it's a bargain and it does the job more the adequately.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Just a further quick update.

I really like this bag, still looks good, nothings worn or broken and is a joy to use. Bargain!

• Like Like x 2
  4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Thanks for sharing..save the money to spend on lenses!