1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Family portrait

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by nickthetasmaniac, Feb 9, 2013.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I was never a fan of the whole silver thing at first, but as a set it looks pretty schmicko. The temptation to complete the family and get the 17mm is getting stronger...

Cheap and cheerful with my iPhone.

8459092263_3f950334af_o.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  2. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    Get a 17mm quickly!

3. Richella

Richella The Wandering Scotsman

Aug 21, 2011
    Kuala Lumpur
    I've just ordered the 17mm and 75mm yestErday to go with my 12mm and 45mm. Can't wait till it gets here.

4. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    I have to wonder if Olympus is trying to go with silver as a "premium lens" idea. The same way you see those Canon lenses in eggshell. I know the color for Canon is supposed to do thermal things, but it is also a very effective visual marketing. Only other ones I know doing silver is Leica (at least older ones). Coincedence?

5. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    Trying to avoid getting the 75mm, but I'm visiting B&H tomorrow in person, so we'll see how successful I am in resisting :)

Going to look at the 75 and the XE1. Maybe also the RX1, but while interesting, I know I'll never purchase that last one.

6. marcsitkin

marcsitkin Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 24, 2013
    Harwich, MA USA
    Marc Sitkin
    Canon L "eggshell" are white because they show up better on TV.

I love the silver Oly lenses. They complement the retro look of the system.

7. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    It would seem all the silver was a sign... My GH2 died a slow death on my last hike and a silver EM5 is on it's way from B&H (well it will be when they open for orders...)

Looking forward to pairing it with the 75mm :smile: