Family Photo Journalism (FPJ)

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by 369, Jul 7, 2011.

1. 369

369 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Hi,

Over at the Fred miranda forum, in the people photography thread I first found out about this term FPJ. I really am interested in this.

They had link to a blog - thefamilyphotojournalist
    and that blog there are gear choices. Now I am sure we can also do the same with or MFT cameras.

I was interested if someone has done this with their PENs or Pannys and if so what was your choice of gear (lens), and if you could share your samples better yet if we could start a similar thread here.

• Like Like x 4
  2. leonberdi

leonberdi Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2011
    Montreal
    Very interesting site! I'm always looking for fresh ideas on how to shoot my speedy and easily distracted toddler in low light!

Thanks for sharing!

3. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Aren't we all, in the end (or even from the start!!), family photojournalists? For what is a journalist at its core but a recorder of events? Even a snapshot is a record of en event, and look at all the threads in this forum - it is filled with pictures of our loved ones. (Well, except probably the always wonderful "The Real Street Thread". :biggrin:)

But the article is true - even if it is "just" our family that we are photographing, we (or at least I) strive to get a "deeper" image.

• Like Like x 1
  4. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Great site! This is the kind of photography that I have been enjoying the most.

5. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    I'll have to give this a try. I've never really thought of processing family pics into b&w.

6. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/debit72/5914169051/" title="Kira &amp; Dean by debit72, on Flickr"> 5914169051_464d35357e_z. "480" height="640" alt="Kira &amp; Dean"></a>
    GH2 with Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.4, ISO160, 1/800s

• Like Like x 1
  7. 369

369 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    Looks great!!! nice capture and conversion.