Fake Transcend 32G class 10 SD card on ebay

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by azgh2, Jul 31, 2011.

1. azgh2

azgh2 New to Mu-43

Jul 31, 2011
    Ordered Transcend 32G class 10 SD card from Ebay and recieved fake one.

It had a tighter fit than regular SD card and my GH2 notified me that this card is not compatible with this camera as soon as I put it into the camera.

I was very supicious since packeging was not typical packege you see on the web thus tested RW speed of the card. It came around 2mb/s. After closer inspection of the card, found word "Transcend" on the label was fuzzier than the real Transcend SD card I have.

Anybody have a experience with fake SD card?

thanks

Attached Files:

2. JohnMetsn

JohnMetsn Mu-43 Veteran

Yes I got one fake Sandisk Extreme from eBay. Fortunately there was no problem with getting my money back. I'm not ordering memory cards from eBay anymore, there are many fakes.

3. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

There are all over ebay... I stopped buying memory cards from Ebay several years ago when fake SANDisks were flooding into ebay. Since the SD cards I need are no longer that expensive, I only buy cards from reputable local shops now.

4. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    For memory, I found Newegg to consistently offer good deals with quality merchandise.

G

5. azgh2

azgh2 New to Mu-43

Jul 31, 2011
    Just got full refund for my fake SD card. I'm gonna order it from amazon or newegg from now on.

6. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Yep. Dude, the first thing to do with any card off ebay is to test it. I wouldn't put one in my camera. Many of the fakes are just 2GB cards that have had the id changed to show up as a 32GB. The problem is that they they will appear to write just fine. When you go to read the data back though, just garbage. Run a program to check it on your laptop before using it.

7. c5karl

c5karl Mu-43 Regular

May 31, 2011
    Fairfax, Va., USA
    If there's a Micro Center in your neck of the woods, I've had good luck with their store-brand SD and microSD cards. Very affordable, and the Class 10 cards generally cost only $1 more than the Class 4 cards, so I always get the Class 10s, which presumably helps at least a bit on write speeds when shooting in burst mode.