1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fair price for OMD

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by mirrorless, Apr 27, 2013.

1. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    I bought an OMD 3 weeks ago, haven't registered the warranty card, it's never been outside, take a few shots to compare to my other camera. It's got the 12-50mm lens.

2. WT21

WT21 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    This is body-only:

Since I'm shopping for one, I'd say $650!!! :)

It seems they are running between $700-800 without any add-ons, but the $800 priced ones sit much longer. $750 seems to yield a relatively quick sale.

3. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
  4. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    This camera was bought this month. It was $1300 including tax to buy. I don't think dropping $500 is fair. Maybe to you it is a little more than fair lol.

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    WT21 said "body only" for $750. Add another $250 for the lens and you're looking at $1000. I think it will be tough to get any more than that unless you are very patient or very lucky.

6. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    I think I can live with that. That's more fair I think. I'll put an ad out. Thanks.

7. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    Second thought, maybe I'll just keep it. I want a fuji X-E1, but I'm going to miss this little gem if I sell. I'll go used this time and buy someone else's 3 week old, still brand new, $300 off Fuji X-E1. I like that idea better. :D

8. Liamness

Liamness Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Mate, can you not just take it back? Check the returns policy of the place you bought it from.

9. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    I checked. I bought it from a store called Vistek in Canada. Their return policies are ridiculous. Anything over $1000 cannot be returned. Needless to say I won't be shopping there again.

10. String

String Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2012
    Canada
    Brian
    I've never had any issues with Vistek personally. They took my EM-5 back after 2 months and replaced it with a new one due to a faulty shutter; they even paid shipping both ways (from Manitoba). I also returned a Pany 12-35 and received a full refund (it was unopened) from them as my wife bought me one for a nice bday surprise.

11. rozza

rozza Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    New Zealand
    Hey mirrorless - what happened to your milky/hazey EVF, did you get that sorted?

12. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    If you have any doubt you might not like a camera, it pays to buy it from a retailer that has a liberal "no or few questions asked" return policy during the first 30 days. Also pays because sometimes a new camera suffers from a slight optical defect like the focus is not as crisp as it should be and in that case the manufacturer might not want to fix it under warranty because in their judgement the focus was "within the range of acceptable tolerances."

13. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    I haven't has to return anything for warranty issues, although they did tell me I would have to send my GH3 to Panasonic myself if something happened to it because they "don't handle their warranty stuff".
    If you returned an unopened item, the manager wouldn't have had a major issue, but this is a camera already opened and used.
    I mainly dislike Vistek in Edmonton because the attitude of the staff. I won't go into detail, but there are many complaints online from other Edmontonians, whom refuse to shop there. That, and the fact that they do not accept returns on items over $1000, means I won't shop there anymore either.

14. mirrorless

mirrorless Mu-43 Regular

Feb 16, 2013
    You can say that again. There's a company in Calgary called The camera store, which has a 14 day satisfaction guaranteed policy. I'll be shopping there next time.