Fair price for OM 50mm 1.4?

zulfur666

Mu-43 Veteran
Whats a fair price in great condition OM 50mm 1.4 lens? I see them used on BH photo for $129.95 they include a warranty too, but wonder if its overpriced?
I like to venture into the OM lenses just for fun a bit if I don't like it like after a year or so like to re-sell it. Would have to get an adapter too, the MF-2 OM Lens Adapter is also not too cheap. thanks for advice. Tried a search for OM adapter couldn't really find much.

Stan Doubt

New to Mu-43
eBay completed auctions provides actual prices paid in real transactions. There are a lot fewer 50mm f1.4 sales than f1.8 and the condition will of course be an issue with a used item. You can also ask KEH what they'd pay for a 50 f1.4 in the condition you're looking for.

Keep in mind that information in enthusiast forums like this one might be somewhat biased as people might be more likely to talk about good deals they have gotten.

For manual lenses where there is no electrical contact between the lens and the camera the adapter pretty much just has to be solidly made. I've had good luck with inexpensive Chinese ones available on eBay and Amazon.

Shooting with legacy lenses is fun, good luck!

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
Sold one on here several months ago for around $90 (First version G-Zukio Silvernose). Wasn't an immediate sale, but was in almost immaculate condition.

mr_botak

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
David
Prices seem softer now compared with a year or six months back. I'd wait for an ebay auction to crop up, you may snag a bargain.

IMO the 50mm f/3.5 macro is a far better lens usually for similar money which is actually offering something over and above - i.e. brilliant macro performance.

Cruzan80

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Sean Rastsmith
Forgot to mention that I sold it with an OM1 in really nice shape as well. May have added to the value overall.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom