1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fair Price for a 35mm f2

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by DoofClenas, Dec 15, 2013.

1. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    First is there a difference between these two?

Asahi Super-Takumar 1:2/35
    or
    SMC/Super Takumar 35mm F2

What's a fair price to be purchasing one of these at?

What adaptor is everyone using for their m42 mounts?

2. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    Well, anyhow, I just pulled the trigger on a very clean version of the 35mm f2 Super Tak...$95 shipped. It should be a fun lens to play around with.

3. mr_botak

mr_botak Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 4, 2011
    Reading, UK
    David
    It's a great focal length. Always liked 70mm on film. Enjoy!

4. RSilva

RSilva Mu-43 Regular

Oct 24, 2011
    Portugal
    I have the smc version of the lens. At f2 the performance is just average but sharpens at f2.8, anyway it doesn´t perform at the level of the other tak´s.
    I don´t have the st but the smc version is more compact and takes 49mm filter's.
    If you don´t need f2 the 35mm f3.5 tak is a better option and more compact (almost a pancake), wait! Get the 28mm with better colors

I never noticed a difference between the performance of st and smc versions (with the same optical design) and I prefer the st's for the vintage look to the colors.

If you want a good 35mm F2 performer in the m42 universe then the only option you have is the expensive Zeiss ZS 35mm f2, also better than anything from Canon or Nikon.

The smc 35mm f2 tak is a bit expensive in Europe with prices on Ebay starting at 150eur up to 250eur, maybe because for m42 there are no other options. I use mine with film and for film it is ok in fact I use it more than the 50 1.4 but I would like to have the Zeiss.

Consider also the Takumar 35mm f2.3 that get's very positive comments, but I never used it.