1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

face to face with ferocious water dragons

Discussion in 'Nature' started by ghetto, Dec 30, 2012.

1. ghetto

ghetto Mu-43 Regular

So I was going for a stroll today when suddenly I heard a noise. I looked over and saw a pair of scaley claws resting on a fallen tree.

1_claws.

I looked up and saw a vicious water dragon with the remains of it's last meal still fresh on it's lips staring down upon me.

2_staring.

As I turned to back off I saw another even larger one has approached from the other direction.

3_larger.

Suddently the attention of yet another water dragon has piqued and suddenly they were all around me.

4_another.

One of them makes their intentions clear and I quickly realise that this could be the end for me.

5_mouth.

I suddenly realise that if I were viciously mauled to death, some one would eventually find my remains - desparately clinging to a camera, with an ADAPTED LENS :eek:. My thoughts turned to "no! I will not be caught dead with this cheap adapted lens!" I want to die with the dignity of a native lens on my camera! :tongue:

With one smooth and graceful flowing motion - comparable only to that of William Shatner trying to sing - I swap the 300mm (600mm eq) lens with my native 45mm (90mm eq) lens and put them in their place.

45mm2.

They had become confused and intrigued by my unexpected athletic abilities.

6_intrigued.

The queen was so impressed with my dextrosity that she stands up and declares that my life will be spared.

7_queen.

Having lost me as their next meal, they decide to snack on flowers while waiting for easier prey like like tourists.

8_eating_flower.

They then give me a final pose and go off on their way.

10_log.

With my new found sense of invicibility, tomorrow I'll go and have a few words with that shark that was nibbling on some surfers board out at my beach today...

• Like Like x 19
  2. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    Great story to go with great pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Terrific set and a fun story! :bravo-009:

4. pod

pod Mu-43 Regular

Oct 4, 2012
    Australia
    Rob
    Close call on that shoot ... :)

5. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    funny stuff ghetto. i really like #1.

6. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Great photo essay! Avoid the shark, though!

7. wallyrulz

wallyrulz Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2011
    Okay, that was fun. Enjoyed the pictures too.