Face Detection on E-PL1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by E-PL1Shooter, Mar 29, 2010.

1. E-PL1Shooter

E-PL1Shooter Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Hi guys just curious if you turn on the face detection or you pick to turn it off.
    If you turn this feature on will this interfere with the AF point or is there any conflict? Your opinion please. Thanks in advance.

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Yes, you can turn face detection on and off and no, it doesn't conflict with AF point (you can press the zoom button to get a 14x zoom focusing patch, which is super accurate)

I now prefer CDAF to PDAF... can't wait for the next generation sensors with global shutter (even if Panasonic say they're not close to it) and high speed (i.e. sports capable) CDAF.

Cheers

Brian

Cheers

Brian

3. E-PL1Shooter

E-PL1Shooter Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Richmond Hill, Ontario
    Brian, thanks for the explanation, I did some test with the Pana 20mm 1.7, the results is not sharp enough at f/2, I saw lots of photos of other people why they can get a sharp photos at even f/1.7, maybe my handling technique is not right or steady enough or the characteristic of this lens, but if I think again the E-PL1 has the IBIS, should not be a problems shoot at 1/80 f/2. I am am thinking to get the EVF 2 to make it more steady, but no store has in stock yet in Canada,