Face Detect / Gradation Auto

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Brian Beezley, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

I discovered today that when I engage face detect in my E-PL2, gradation switches to auto. I can't find any reference to this in the user manual. Do other Olympus cameras do this?

Brian

2. alan1972

alan1972 Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 23, 2012
    Malaga, Spain
    Alan Grant
    That seems odd. My E-M10 doesn't do this and I am almost sure my E-PL1 doesn't either - I use face detection quite a lot and I don't remember noticing gradation at anything other than normal.

3. Brian Beezley

Brian Beezley Mu-43 All-Pro

Thanks, Alan. I think it's a bug. I can switch back to Normal now that I know it happens. Sure couldn't figure out how it got set when I was going through some shots today until I experimented with the camera. I seldom use face detection so I never ran into this before.

Incidentally, I noticed today that a microphone in front of a singer inhibits face detection! At least for my E-PL2 version of it.

Brian

Edit - The problem occurs when I assign face detect to Fn or the red-dot button. I discovered today that gradation does not change if I use the Super Control Panel to change face detect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.