1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EyeFi SD card

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by isabel95, May 1, 2011.

1. isabel95

isabel95 Mu-43 Top Veteran

There are a few versions of this card.

Wondering if anyone has used one to upload directly to an IPad and what your experiences have been.

Isabel

2. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Not to an iPad, but to my old iMac, 2.16GHx Duo, takes 20 seconds for the largest jpegs. I was taking a few snaps outside of my oldest for facebook this morning, when I got back to the iMac, they were already there. Mine is the cheapest version, no RAW, 4GB. For $40, give it a try. If you don't like it, let me know! I'll put another in my E-PL2!

3. isabel95

isabel95 Mu-43 Top Veteran

thanks for the feedback. I have a feeling that it would be better to just use the camera connection kit to the ipad for the usb cord or SD card.

4. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Be brave... technology is our FRIEND. Go cordless, that's the whole point!

5. TimDanMick

TimDanMick Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 21, 2011
    Virginia
    I tried one and couldn't even get it to register itself. I spent a huge amount of time trying to make it upload or even tag with the geo information. I presumed that it did not mesh well with my Mac set up and gave it to someone with a PC set up.

6. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    WOW!! I'm shocked. I'm really tentative on this stuff, but the convenience was the charm. It came with its own little SD reader, I plugged it in, it updated itself twice, then installed itself, asked for my email address, then worked perfectly... in 5 minutes or less.