1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Eye fi sd card

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Chrisireland84, May 10, 2016.

1. Chrisireland84

Chrisireland84 Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2016
    Chris ireland
    has anyone got one and what do people think of them ?

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I have one, albeit and older model and have never really gotten on with it. All my current m43 bodies have wi-fi built in, so I don't need it there.

They can be a bit fiddly to get to work sometimes.

3. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Aren't you looking to get a E-PL5? To the best of my knowledge that has built in Wi-Fi. You won't need an Eye-Fi card in that case.

4. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    I use one on my EM5 and love it. For transferring photos to my iPhone it works much better then the Olympus app and my EM1. I have it set to only transfer photos I protect.

5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I thought the implementation on the Eye-Fi was very kludgy. I never got along with it.

6. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I'm thinking of using it on my Holga Digital, since it supports it. I might need to hit you up and pick your brain if I have issues with it. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    I have a 16GB EyeFi Mobi card. The Mobi version is very easy to setup, and easy to use. However, it's limited to jpeg files. Files can be seamlessly transferred to phone/tablet during a photo shoot. I even use it in wifi enabled camera when I feel lazy because I don't need to take extra time to set up a wifi connection between camera and phone, and then wait for the files to transfer over.
    Mobi Pro version can transfer raw files.

8. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    I used an old first-gen one and it was spotty. However, now I have a new-gen Mobi Pro 32GB version that they make, and it is excellent. Highly recommend it if you want to speedily and automatically get photos onto a mobile device when you're out and about.

9. Chrisireland84

May 8, 2016
    Chris ireland
    Hi yes looking at the epl5 and after looking it doesn't have built in wi fi

10. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Sorry. I think I was getting confused in the feature set between the E-PL5 and E-PL7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NY Gadget Guy

NY Gadget Guy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2016
    I went with the Toshiba FlashAir II on the E-M5.
    Vancouver Wedding Photographers Blog - Raymond & Jessie Leung: Toshiba FlashAir 32Gb SDHC Class 10 + Olympus OM-D E-M5
    Works fine with the card door closed for me.

It's great for "photo booth" style setups where the latest picture gets transferred to the iPad for (relatively) immediate display. That helps pique the interest of (skeptical / shy) bystanders.

For large JPEGs, it's a bit slow. Around 12 seconds. Instead, I prefer to save in RAW+Medium which allows the JPEG to pop up in under 5 seconds. For shots that look particularly good, I develop the RAWs later.

12. Chrisireland84

May 8, 2016
    Chris ireland
    Just got my eye fi card and must say it's easy to set up on epl5 and transfers quick

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1