Eye-Fi card?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jan68, May 4, 2014.

1. Jan68

Jan68 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2014
    Ontario
    Does anyone has experience with the Eye-Fi cards or similar brands? With picking the E-M5 over the E-M10 I sacrificed the Wifi, but maybe this is an option......
    I am interested in the transfer of my photos to my IPad, that's pretty much it. Wireless control of the camera is not important.
    What about battery-life when using these cards?

Thanks,

Jan

2. Jan68

Jan68 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2014
    Ontario
    Ok, just found the old threads regarding this.........

3. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    I've gone another route and use a gizmo called Wi-Stor EasyAcc it has usb and and sd slot and allows me to access images and videos off the card by making a peer to peer network with my phone, ipad or laptop. Battery powered and will even let you top up charge on phone. Paid about $40 on amazon for it

4. RachelleK

RachelleK Mu-43 Regular

Apr 18, 2014
    MD
    Rachelle
    I find the transfer rate of the Eye-Fi card is fairly slow and I no longer use it. Rather, I take the card out of the camera and plug it directly into the iPad using the camera kit.

R

5. nardoleo

nardoleo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Singapore
    Leo
    I am using the Eye Fi Mobi card with my EM5.

i agree that the transfer rate is alittle slow (and unpredicatable at times).
    But overall i am happy with the experience.
    Works well for me.

6. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    I use an Eye-Fi Pro X2 card when i need to add the wifi transfer to non-wifi bodies. Works pretty well (have had one or two occasions where it didn't connect to a device reliably on the first try) but my primary complaint is with its write speed compared to better SD cards. It is a "class 10" but it seems slower than basic class 10 cards, much slower than UHS cards. I even use it to quickly transfer images from a laptop to an iPhone (still functions as it would in the camera when in a laptop) when I don't want to bother with other transfer methods...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.