1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Eye-Fi card?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jan68, May 4, 2014.

1. Jan68

Jan68 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2014
    Ontario
    Does anyone has experience with the Eye-Fi cards or similar brands? With picking the E-M5 over the E-M10 I sacrificed the Wifi, but maybe this is an option......
    I am interested in the transfer of my photos to my IPad, that's pretty much it. Wireless control of the camera is not important.
    What about battery-life when using these cards?

Thanks,

Jan

2. Jan68

Jan68 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 1, 2014
    Ontario
    Ok, just found the old threads regarding this.........

3. Kwekwe

Kwekwe Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2014
    Gravesend Brooklyn NY
    I've gone another route and use a gizmo called Wi-Stor EasyAcc it has usb and and sd slot and allows me to access images and videos off the card by making a peer to peer network with my phone, ipad or laptop. Battery powered and will even let you top up charge on phone. Paid about $40 on amazon for it

4. RachelleK

RachelleK Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 18, 2014
    MD
    Rachelle
    I find the transfer rate of the Eye-Fi card is fairly slow and I no longer use it. Rather, I take the card out of the camera and plug it directly into the iPad using the camera kit.

R

5. nardoleo

nardoleo Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 2, 2013
    Singapore
    Leo
    I am using the Eye Fi Mobi card with my EM5.

i agree that the transfer rate is alittle slow (and unpredicatable at times).
    But overall i am happy with the experience.
    Works well for me.

6. ahinesdesign

ahinesdesign Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2011
    NC, USA
    Aaron
    I use an Eye-Fi Pro X2 card when i need to add the wifi transfer to non-wifi bodies. Works pretty well (have had one or two occasions where it didn't connect to a device reliably on the first try) but my primary complaint is with its write speed compared to better SD cards. It is a "class 10" but it seems slower than basic class 10 cards, much slower than UHS cards. I even use it to quickly transfer images from a laptop to an iPhone (still functions as it would in the camera when in a laptop) when I don't want to bother with other transfer methods...