1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Extreme Telephoto

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by amendegw, Aug 1, 2013.

1. amendegw

amendegw Mu-43 Regular

May 15, 2012
    Wilmington, DE USA
    Panasonic GH2; Canon 500mm F/4L USM with 1.4 & 2.0 teleconverters.
    1920x1080 with ETC mode.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZHhjbhC0HPU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...Jerry

2. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I have to say, the second iteration of that, with the 4940mm equivalent focal length, I saw lots of purple fringing and was not impressed with the sharpness overall. OTOH, the 3458mm equivalent was pretty darn impressive.

3. Lobbamobba

Lobbamobba Mu-43 Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Sweden
    That is some serious zoom, loved it :)

4. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Jerry, that looks a lot like a scene at Conowingo Dam. Is it?

5. amendegw

amendegw Mu-43 Regular

May 15, 2012
    Wilmington, DE USA
    Yup! Conowingo Dam, it is. I mostly shoot there with a Canon 7D, but occasionally do some experimentation such as the video above with my Panny GH2. If you're familiar with Fisherman's Park/Rowland Island, you'll notice video is a shot of the far tower across from the boat launch area (not the near towers).

Currently, the Eagle population is rather slim, but here's a shot of "the million dollar fence" in November (when the eagle count reaches 200-300; say the counters).

[​IMG]

...Jerry

btw: Might make a trip this afternoon as the weather seems nice.

6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I've taken pictures of the moon at 2500mm focal length, which is 5000mm at 35mm eq. Anything can be done, but I'd image a good tripod is in order.

7. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Been there, done that. Although I've never been there with my best equipment when the population was high.

I like this shot of mine (note the fish halfway between the lower eagle and the bottom edge of the frame - having been dropped by the juvi -hard to see with the foliage behind it):

D7A_0409b3a_zps4a9dcf92.