1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

External battery pack for Lumix G5 & G6

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Paul80, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Hi all

Anyone looking to get an external battery pack for their G5/G6 might want to have a look at these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281565005418?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They are the only one I have ever seen so might be worth a look

It a bit confusing on the battery front saying it needs double A batteries and 2 Lithium batteries but that might just be a bad translation.

Price might be a bit high for what it is but if anyone else in China starts to produce them I can see the price comming down, £60 might be a better price for what it is.

Better than nothing though as Panasonic chose not to produce anything themselves unlike for their GH* range.

Paul

2. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Anyone actually tried one of them yet.

Paul

3. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Wow! no one tried one of these, I am surprised

4. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    just in case anyone was tempted, don't waist your money. I contacted the seller regarding what batteries this grip took and it turns out it just take one of the original batteries so a bit of a missed opportunity if you ask me. Not much point in a battery grip that does not give you any more available power is there.

It would have been a good opportunity to incorporate something like a couple of 18650 Batteries which can give around 6000mAh at the correct voltage.

It would be nice if Panasonic came up with something useful as well, although I wont be holding my breath on that one especially as the G6 must be reaching its end of life soon.

Paul