External battery pack for Lumix G5 & G6

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Paul80, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Hi all

Anyone looking to get an external battery pack for their G5/G6 might want to have a look at these

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281565005418?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They are the only one I have ever seen so might be worth a look

It a bit confusing on the battery front saying it needs double A batteries and 2 Lithium batteries but that might just be a bad translation.

Price might be a bit high for what it is but if anyone else in China starts to produce them I can see the price comming down, £60 might be a better price for what it is.

Better than nothing though as Panasonic chose not to produce anything themselves unlike for their GH* range.

Paul

2. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Anyone actually tried one of them yet.

Paul

3. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    Wow! no one tried one of these, I am surprised

4. Paul80

Paul80 Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 6, 2014
    just in case anyone was tempted, don't waist your money. I contacted the seller regarding what batteries this grip took and it turns out it just take one of the original batteries so a bit of a missed opportunity if you ask me. Not much point in a battery grip that does not give you any more available power is there.

It would have been a good opportunity to incorporate something like a couple of 18650 Batteries which can give around 6000mAh at the correct voltage.

It would be nice if Panasonic came up with something useful as well, although I wont be holding my breath on that one especially as the G6 must be reaching its end of life soon.

Paul

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.