Extension tubes?

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
Yes there were some made, a member OzRay arranged for a manufacturer in China to manufacture some especially for :43:, I bought a set at the time. I have been unable to trace the thread in which these were mentioned with the link to the manufacturer.
I'll keep looking tomorrow and post it if I can find it.

Barrie

bilzmale

Mu-43 All-Pro
Oops, sorry - I had teleconverter tubes on the brain

I assume you mean teleconverters with optics that connect between the body and lens. (Tubes implies filled with air not glass :smile:). There is nothing available in :43:. There may be third-party add-on converters that go on the end of the lens but these are often of questionable quality.

Michael

Mu-43 Regular

~tc~

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I assume you mean teleconverters with optics that connect between the body and lens. (Tubes implies filled with air not glass :smile:). There is nothing available in :43:. There may be third-party add-on converters that go on the end of the lens but these are often of questionable quality.

Yes, exactly.

grebeman

Mu-43 All-Pro
East Charleton, near Kingsbridge, south Devon (UK)
Real Name
Barrie
For interest a couple of quick rough and ready shots using the manual extension tubes manufactured to fit :43:. The subject is a Guineafowl primary wing feather, approximately 20mm in width where photographed.
Both photographs taken with a Panasonic G1 and a 55mm, f/2.8 micro-Nikkor, for the first shot the lens is mounted on the number 1 extension tube, the subject width being approximately 20mm, for the second shot the lens is mounted on extension tubes 1, 2 and 3, the width of the feather in the shot being approximately 9mm on the centre line of the shot.
For both shots the details were, iso 200, f/16, 5 seconds exposure. Some correction for levels and sharpening as post processing. It is possible that some of the white spots are noise, no attempt was made to apply noise reduction, but some are no doubt feather dust. The pictures are not cropped.

1000521.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1000522.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Barrie

Latest threads

Top Bottom