Extension Tubes PL45mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by richie15, Apr 21, 2010.

1. richie15

richie15 Guest

Anyone know if you can fit extension tubes to the PL45mm on the GF1?

2. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend Charter Member

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    There's no reason that you can't, other than how close the working distance will end up depending on the length of the tube. There are no extensions tubes yet made for m4/3s, but I have asked RJ Camera to look into this and they say we'll likely have some available this May. They are also working on tubes that will allow one to use microscope lenses on m4/3s and other cameras.

Cheers

Ray

3. richie15

richie15 Guest

Thanks Ray, I guess my other option is a Raynox adapter.

4. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend Charter Member

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    At times, one of those can work better, as there's no light falloff and you can still get increased magnification. Make sure that whatever you buy is a 'doublet', that is, it consists of two lenses sandwiched together, as these provide much better quality than a single lens.

Cheers

Ray

5. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Adapters for using microscope lenses are already out there in case anyone's looking. I just picked up an RMS to M42 adapter for about $30, and I'm using it with my M42 adapter/tubes on my GH1. Just waiting for some microscope objectives.

OTOH, I can't wait to see the RJ tubes for m4/3. Hopefully they have the electronic thru connections.