Exposure problem with my new OM-D

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by incus, Jun 9, 2012.

1. incus

incus New to Mu-43

May 26, 2012
    I finally got my new silver OM-D this week and am using it with a new M. Zuiko 9-18 mm f4-5.6 zoom lens. This is my first entry into the mu-43 format. I have noticed that occasionally, but as often as every 5th or 6th image, the image will be way under exposed even though the settings are the same as the previous image. This seems to happen regardless of what mode the camera is in. Even in manual (M) I was able to get the problem this morning suggesting it is not a problem with metering. This morning I took several images in rapid succession in M mode and could get the occasional dark image that appeared to be 4-5 stops under exposed, yet the meta data still had the same exposure information as the correctly exposed images. Although I had this problem extremely often yesterday and this morning, in my attempt to diagnose the problem I have made many exposures without being able to reproduce the problem again. Has anyone else experienced this or know what might be causing it?
  2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    I've seen someone else report that when they shoot in burst mode, but first exposure of the burst in significantly underexposed. It's hard to know whether this is a firmware bug that occurs with a certain combination of settings, or an intermittent hardware failure.

I think I'd report the problem to Olympus and see what they say. Or you might see if your dealer will exchange it for another one.
  3. Panut

Panut Mu-43 Regular

Dec 25, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  4. incus

incus New to Mu-43

May 26, 2012
    Thanks for the quick reply. The link given says it is only for updating the lens when it is used with a Panasonic camera, but I was able to update it using the Olympus Digital Camera Updater software. It seems to be working fine so far.:smile: