1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Exposure Bracketing

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Susan G., Feb 15, 2019.

1. Susan G.

Susan G. Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2016
    I was shooting at night yesterday and wanted to set my E-M1 Mark II for exposure bracketing. I followed all of the steps and saw BKT on my screen. I thought I should end up with a series of photos at different exposures, but only got one shot each time. Was it a composite of different exposures, or did I do something wrong? My lens was Olympus 12-40mm Pro.

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    You needed to keep pressing the shutter release. If 3 shot bracketing, then press it three times.

3. Reflector

Reflector Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 31, 2013
    Switch to continuous drive mode. I recommend using the electronic shutter in high speed if you want to quickly take shots at 60fps when you don't have to worry about distortion. The camera will automatically stop firing off the shutter once it completes the bracket.

4. Susan G.

Susan G. Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2016
    Thank you. I will try that.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Susan G.

Susan G. Mu-43 Regular

Apr 4, 2016
    I think I did that. I could hear it taking three shots, but only got one at the end.

6. ralf-11

ralf-11 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 16, 2017
    is it stacking in-body?

I use Panny so don't know your Oly system, but that's one thing to check on

7. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Try it again.

8. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    If it was set for bracketing then it simply takes the shots.
    (The camera can be set for HDR, when it stacks, and it also does focus stacking.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.