Exploring the Gx8 and images (anyone can post in this thread...

Suburbian

Mu-43 Regular
I think the Orton Effect took over way back when, and then even more so when the effect transformed into virtual styles for digital PP. Whether one is preferred over the other is just like anything...a matter of taste...but PP process is as easy or complicated as you want and far more controllable and reliable. Since both can be combined, freelensing and PP effects ... that's anyone's call? I don't see the point myself unless you are just practicing the time honored technique of the oldest style known to man in photography, then if so that's not about results is it? Because PP perfects the effect, if results are your priority then use a PP technique... if nostalgic fun and physical technique is what you choose, go have fun ... I play but playing is just that and it's all about what I'm doing.... if results are my priority ...PP.

point... there is an alternative available to achieve the effect, it is a 2 part technique the original was a darkroom processing technique and required a higher level of skill. The PP is an art form and can be simple or sophisticated based on PP skill levels

( Who assumes all people are capable other than the capable ? )

Felix Tan

Mu-43 Regular
I just got myself a 2nd hand GX8 from a local forum as a buddy who has it said it was good. Having tried it with the kit 12-32, the images are looking quite good. Now looking for a Panasonic Leica 25/1.4 to pair it with as I shoot portraits.

Suburbian

Mu-43 Regular
I just got myself a 2nd hand GX8 from a local forum as a buddy who has it said it was good. Having tried it with the kit 12-32, the images are looking quite good. Now looking for a Panasonic Leica 25/1.4 to pair it with as I shoot portraits.

Because the 12-32 kit lens is one of the best wide zoom values around period. btw, an equal value in a prime is the 20 1.7 II (which some walk in storefront dealers were giving away free with a 3 year panasonic factory warranty all for under $1000 "GX8" .... plus a $50 gift card about a year ago. The fact that a manufacture placed a 3 year warranty on them speaks volumes in their faith of that product today )

Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
4th of July. Taken with the tiny 12-32mm pancake lens. I love this camera.

4th_of_July.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Another shot - taken in available light - which shows more than any words why I like this camera.

InTheKitchen-AnalogEfexPro2-VSCOhp5.jpg

User ID

Mu-43 Regular
`

Altho I'm not one to grab a camera every time I head out
the door, the GX8 has me doing so a lot more often. It's
just a super fun box ! I'm especially fond of the "One-Push
AE" feature in the manual mode.

I have no fetishes about keeping to low ISO nor about use
of the whole frame. Image quality is always somewhat of
a concern, but never to where it hampers more important
aspects of a scene. There's some major cropping and high
ISO involved in some of these.

Rather mixed bag ... hope you enjoy at least a few of them:

FERRY VIEW 03 0582 E1 WM.jpg

Chipmunk 01 0628 E2-C2 WM.jpg

TROJAN SIGN 01 0566 E4A-C1 WML.jpg

_1000663.jpg

UGLYNOISE 03 E1 WM.jpg

BALLONS LADY 01 0027 E6 WM.jpg

FARM MKT JE018 0881 E3 WM.jpg
CLOUDS SEPTPM 01 0492 E5-C3. WM.jpg
HALLWAY FRAMES 0853 E5 C3 WM.jpg
MARIO 01 0945 E3A-C3 WM.jpg
Palace Rain 01 0753 E3 WS.jpg
TROY FARM MKT 02 0708 E1 C1.jpg

Last edited:

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
Still love the Gx8.

What i hadnt realised was how quickly you get a smear of salt on the lens in seaside conditions, lol. i suspect many of the days shots were taken effectively through a curtain.....

Oh, and i forgot to check the ISO. No idea why it was last set at 400.

These are jpegs with a bit of contrast tweeking in windows photo viewer.

P1030512e.jpg

P1030552.jpg

1030541-02.jpeg

1030602-02.jpeg

Last edited:

firokeda

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Wojtek B.
Just few pictures from Algarve region (Portugal). I took a light set for my vacation: Lumix GX8 with PanaLeica 15mm/f1.7

gx8-2017-09-01-1020074.jpg

gx8-2017-08-28-1020037.jpg

gx8-2017-09-01-1020089.jpg

gx8-2017-09-01-1020091.jpg

Last edited:

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Seriously, don't know if there will ever be a camera for me that fits as well. Just look at the images in this thread.

Shuttershock

Mu-43 Regular
20190302_232515.jpg
1020123.jpg
Gx8 with 20mm f1.7. No PP just jpeg from camera to image app. Chihuly glass artworks St. Pete, Fl.

cedge

Mu-43 Regular
I'm thinking about getting this camera as an interim until Olympus sorts their self out and announce the next EM5 / Pen-F or what ever it is. The one thing that is holding me back is that I will miss the Olympus Live Composite/Live Bulb modes; when the GX8 was updated with the 4K Photo Mode, did one of those modes include the Light Composition feature?

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
No but Panasonic does have an 8 second live view. I will say this, the Gx8 is a one of a kind fantastic camera. It is the first digital camera I will keep even though I buy other bodies. Haven't seen very many on B&S over the past six months, so finding a used one at a reasonable price might be interesting.

Last edited:

cedge

Mu-43 Regular
I'm in the UK where they seem to be available used for a reasonable amount with the 12-60 lens. Can you explain a little bit more about the 8 second view? Also the 8mb Jpgs from the 4k photo mode seem to be my main concerns as to whether it is good enough. Thanks.

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
It is called constant preview (Pg 102/103 manual good from 8 seconds to 1/16000 seconds) - normally actuated by the F7 button (you can leave it on).

I do a lot of 4K video but don't really use 4K photo. 4K video is very, very sharp - think you could get an excellent 11 x 14 print IMHO.

gwydionjhr

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Joel
I'm in the UK where they seem to be available used for a reasonable amount with the 12-60 lens. Can you explain a little bit more about the 8 second view? Also the 8mb Jpgs from the 4k photo mode seem to be my main concerns as to whether it is good enough. Thanks.

I love my GX8 and am seriously concerned about finding another RF body that ticks as many boxes as it does when the time comes to replace it. That being said, after trying the 4K photo once, I never used it again.

saladin

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
jason
I won't sell my Gx8. I think it's a beaut camera.

I use the G9 for longer lenses, and have periods where I use either the PenF, Gx8 or X100.

Latest threads

Top Bottom