Exploring the Gx8 and images (anyone can post in this thread...

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Just got a G9 off B&S here. Selling one Gx8 but keeping the other. I think it will be a nice combination. I just think the G9 will be a better birding body for me with the PL100-400.

Tmuss

New to Mu-43
For those who have both the GX8 and G9, do you find you are getting better image quality from the G9? Debating whether to get the 100-400 lens or the G9. Can't do both at present. I find image quality to be pretty equal between the GX7 and GX8 (actually prefer the GX7 for day to day use) and don't want to invest in another body if I won't see improved image quality.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Very hard question to answer. I would go lens then body. I have Gx8 and G9. G9 is very good BIF. Seems somewhat better @ 3200 ISO IMHO,

saladin

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
jason
Just had a 16:9 ratio of Hobart harbour printed onto a 30 X 20 paper. I think the 20mp sensor has done it easily. Don't write off the GX8 , its still a fantastic imaging tool.

IMG_20190805_165743572.jpg

Last edited:

NoSeconds

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Troy
Just had a 16:9 ratio of Hobart harbour printed onto a 30 X 20 paper. I think the 20mp sensor has done it easily. Don't write off the GX8 , its still a fantastic imaging tool.

View attachment 766032

I've got a 600x400 canvas hanging on my wall from a 7 frame handheld HDR on the GF1... I reckon the GX8 could do a billboard... :thumbup:

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I had 2 Gx8 (OP of thread) and when I got the G9 I made the decision to sell one and keep the other (until it dies). While the G9 is a technical marvel, the Gx8 imho is a "form follows function" piece of art. I love the Gx8 and think it was in fact a camera that over time will be seen to be as great as it was, not withstanding those Idiots reviewers at another forum.

ZapWizard

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Joshua
I don't think I will ever give up my GX8 unless Panasonic comes out with a real successor. (As in no dropped features, same/similar body)

It is the best combination of function and form. The tilting viewfinder makes it so much nicer to take photos, and more steady since you can tuck your arms into your chest instead of holding them up in front of your face. The viewfinder resolution and color are so good, that I can actually see the photo I am taking. I can review the outcome instantly, even when out in the sun. We have a GX85 at the office, and when I go to use it, I realize just how good we have it with the GX8. It is like looking at a huge 4K TV, instead of some postage stamp sized screen.

The articulated display is also a must. You can't always have the camera at an angle which is ideal for your head to be behind the camera when doing video. The same goes for astrophotography.

With a Peak-design wrist strap: I can carry the GX8 in my hand for miles of walking without it getting tired. The grip allows you to carry it loosely on your finger tips without needing to clamp down on the body like my other cameras beforehand.

The sensor pulls so much detail out of the shadows, I never feel like I have to worry about trading highlights for shadow.
The controls are well placed. The only con I have is hitting the right most part of the nav pad with my palm occasionally.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom