Exploring the Gx8 and images (anyone can post in this thread...

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have very little time to shoot today, but I got an hour in. Some quick thoughts - camera is a dream to use with the Olly 75-300 on a very old Manfrotto 3001 legs & 128 video head (about 25 years old:))

Focus is very quick, but I had a few issue at extreme close focus (think it was a setting I had wrong).

The video is amazing, I mean absolutely amazing...will post a short one when I get a chance.

Ok, here we go - this thing crops as well as my D7100 and I love its focusing.

Full frame
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Crop

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I found myself finding all of the dials without having to take my eye from the find, and found the grip very comfortable. I was using a Black Rapid strap and everything felt as "one" so to speak. Nice images.

rmcnelly

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The GX8 body isn't much larger than the X100, but feels much chunkier. The X100 feels better in the hand with smooth rounded edges, as the GX8 edges are hard. I LOVE the EVF and it's tilt ability has already come in handy. I misunderstood the "Silent Mode", and now realize it engages the Electronic Shutter which was used in the portraits above.

View attachment 435869

rud

New to Mu-43

Gx8 Panasonic 12-35 2.8 Shot in RAW then photoshop on IPad.

Shot this guy in the back yard. He was mean as I got close!

Last edited:

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Following three, Sigma 30mm all @ f2.8 Standard Adobe Profile

A stoned cat:

First of the Fallen

Printer = ISO 3200, 1/6 second,very dark room, nothing done to this but the standard Adobe profile. The wall has weird texture to it in real life:).

Last edited:

rmcnelly

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Here is the same view, shot in jpeg HDR mode -1 to +1 EV, handheld braced against a window. I edited slightly on the iPhone. I like the image but hate what it did to the lights (click on image for a better view). I've realized the shot was not held steady enough, causing the problem with the lights. The jpeg lens correction is also clearly evident.

View attachment 436299

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom