Exploring My Hometown

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by LeeOsenton, Aug 24, 2010.

1. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Exploring my hometown, Panasonic G1+20mm, and Photoshop Elements 8.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Lee, I like this very much. Is this on a church, perhaps? I'd love to see more and to hear the backstory to your photos, too.

3. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Hi BB,

Thank you for the compliment. I sold my DSLR gear and nabbed a G1 when the G2 released. I love it except for the .jpg output; so I needed a better way to handle raw files and felt Photoshop CS5 was overpriced. I selected Elements and finally selected the 20mm for speed and sharpness. Hence the comment about learning a new camera, lens, and software.

The church is in Suffolk, Virginia. I have admired many on this forum for undertaking long term projects and felt I wanted to commit to something, but didn't know what to do. I finally decided that I live near many attractions and subjects that I had not ever visited. So my long term project is to explore my home in south-eastern Virginia. I am learning to live with my new tools and shooting a lot more. Hoping to get more keepers in the future...

Lee

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Lee, great idea there my friend....
    We are all Tourist thru Life.... no one gets a permanent visa....
    I love being a tourist in my home town.... it's what I do all the time....
    good luck on your project and please post as it goes along....
    thanks...shooter