Expired: Gold Box deal on Fuji XF1 - $179

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by madogvelkor, Nov 2, 2013.

1. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Amazon has a gold box deal on the Fuji XF1 for $179 for the next 4 hours:
    <a target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=amipho-20">http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27</a>[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks for posting this. Seriously great deal. I just picked one up :smile:.

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Dang, I just missed it.

4. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Couldn't resist at that price. Got in with < 4 minutes to spare. Thanks madogvelkor! (though I don't need another camera...)

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It's still there! Click the link and look towards the bottom. Only 14% claimed right now and three hours to go.

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Really good deal, which IS still available for the next 2 hours and 45 minutes. But I simply don't need it.

7. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I bought a brown XF1 a few weeks ago for $279. I still can't complain about the price. If anyone is on the fence, I can tell you that it's a great little pocket camera. The only way you'll do better in this category is with the Sony RX100, which is three times as much money, isn't as stylish and has a user interface that doesn't please everyone.

Extra batteries for the XF1 are cheap (even Fuji-branded ones) and when you're outside in bright sunlight, just press and hold the function button and the rear LCD brightens up nicely. There's a fun string over on Amin's Serious Compacts site about the XF1:

http://www.seriouscompacts.com/showthread.php?t=22137

8. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    It should be there, it runs until 3pm Eastern time, or until supplies run out. Though it is only 16% claimed so time might run out first.

You could also try going right to the product page:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095F5AFQ...4ED2VQM9NYPW4YH&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1646453982

There should be a button where you normally buy that says "View Lightning Deal Offer".
    You'll need to select the option you want -- Black, Brown, or Red and then you can buy.

9. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I'd like a comparable deal on the GX7

10. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    It's possible. It looks like Amazon has started their holiday season Lighting Deals now. So for the next 2 months or so we can expect some very good sales on a random selection of items. I actually got into MFT because of one of their lighting deals, they had a GF3 last year for something like $249 new. This year I'm hoping they'll have an E-PL5 or E-PM2 (or even EP-5) for sale, I'd love to pick one up cheap.

11. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Except I can't imagine that these are a "random selection of items". Clearly, they are on items that, for whatever reason, the manufacturer wants to blow out of inventory, not a very recently intro'd hot selling item. You're much more likely to get that deal on an E-PM2 or E-PL5 as they bring clear them out ahead of successors.

12. uscrx

uscrx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Shasta Cascade
    Gosh I want it but I don't need it!!!

13. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

I am so tempted to get this, but then I was saving up to get maybe the 20mm Panny, or upgrade the kit zoom on my Sony A57. But, that size, even vs the GF3

14. Joelmusicman

Joelmusicman Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up on this one. I pulled the trigger right at the closing minutes. It'll make the perfect Christmas Gift for my girlfriend, so she won't complain when I'm spending too much time with my E-M1. :)

15. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Scratch that. Picked a red one up. Don't need another camera, but at that price...

I'm just now posting back because after I placed the order I had to run.

I went back to it and saw it at the bottom. My better half has an XZ-1, but complains about the size. DXO shows this is about a stop better in all measurables than the XZ-1. I guess it makes up for the XZ-1 faster lens.

16. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  17. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Waaay too tempting....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.