1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Expired: Gold Box deal on Fuji XF1 - $179

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by madogvelkor, Nov 2, 2013.

1. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    Amazon has a gold box deal on the Fuji XF1 for $179 for the next 4 hours:
    <a target="_blank" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&tag=amipho-20">http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/ref=cs_top_nav_gb27</a>[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks for posting this. Seriously great deal. I just picked one up :smile:.

3. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Dang, I just missed it.

4. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Couldn't resist at that price. Got in with < 4 minutes to spare. Thanks madogvelkor! (though I don't need another camera...)

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    It's still there! Click the link and look towards the bottom. Only 14% claimed right now and three hours to go.

6. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Really good deal, which IS still available for the next 2 hours and 45 minutes. But I simply don't need it.

7. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I bought a brown XF1 a few weeks ago for $279. I still can't complain about the price. If anyone is on the fence, I can tell you that it's a great little pocket camera. The only way you'll do better in this category is with the Sony RX100, which is three times as much money, isn't as stylish and has a user interface that doesn't please everyone.

Extra batteries for the XF1 are cheap (even Fuji-branded ones) and when you're outside in bright sunlight, just press and hold the function button and the rear LCD brightens up nicely. There's a fun string over on Amin's Serious Compacts site about the XF1:

http://www.seriouscompacts.com/showthread.php?t=22137

8. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    It should be there, it runs until 3pm Eastern time, or until supplies run out. Though it is only 16% claimed so time might run out first.

You could also try going right to the product page:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0095F5AFQ...4ED2VQM9NYPW4YH&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1646453982

There should be a button where you normally buy that says "View Lightning Deal Offer".
    You'll need to select the option you want -- Black, Brown, or Red and then you can buy.

9. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    I'd like a comparable deal on the GX7

10. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    It's possible. It looks like Amazon has started their holiday season Lighting Deals now. So for the next 2 months or so we can expect some very good sales on a random selection of items. I actually got into MFT because of one of their lighting deals, they had a GF3 last year for something like $249 new. This year I'm hoping they'll have an E-PL5 or E-PM2 (or even EP-5) for sale, I'd love to pick one up cheap.

11. dougjgreen

dougjgreen Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 5, 2013
    San Diego
    Doug Green
    Except I can't imagine that these are a "random selection of items". Clearly, they are on items that, for whatever reason, the manufacturer wants to blow out of inventory, not a very recently intro'd hot selling item. You're much more likely to get that deal on an E-PM2 or E-PL5 as they bring clear them out ahead of successors.

12. uscrx

uscrx Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Shasta Cascade
    Gosh I want it but I don't need it!!!

13. battleaxe

battleaxe Mu-43 Top Veteran

I am so tempted to get this, but then I was saving up to get maybe the 20mm Panny, or upgrade the kit zoom on my Sony A57. But, that size, even vs the GF3

14. Joelmusicman

Joelmusicman Mu-43 Regular

Nov 1, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up on this one. I pulled the trigger right at the closing minutes. It'll make the perfect Christmas Gift for my girlfriend, so she won't complain when I'm spending too much time with my E-M1. :)

15. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Scratch that. Picked a red one up. Don't need another camera, but at that price...

I'm just now posting back because after I placed the order I had to run.

I went back to it and saw it at the bottom. My better half has an XZ-1, but complains about the size. DXO shows this is about a stop better in all measurables than the XZ-1. I guess it makes up for the XZ-1 faster lens.

16. madogvelkor

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
  17. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Waaay too tempting....