experiments in combining digital with analogue

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by veryanweston, Feb 20, 2013.

1. veryanweston

veryanweston New to Mu-43

Feb 20, 2013
    Welwyn Garden City
    Hello everyone, I just came to Mu-43 by accident by asking Google the following question:

how do I get out of 'Write protect' with my Olympus Pen?

And there is an active thread somewhere on your site about this very topic.....I solved my problem by reformatting the disk on my computer and blowing in to the disc housing on the camera and wiping the little metal strips on the sandisk...

I bought the camera very cheaply on Amazon.co.uk (£149)...it's used but in good condition...bought it cos we have grandchildren coming from Canada, so will function soon as a documentary....

....but also go on morning walks round Hertfordshire in the countryside and my little Lumix point & shoot was just unable to deal with the detail of a distant bird.....I bought from Ebay an old Bell & Howell zoom lens and and an adapter....40 quid - the lot....

I really like the idea of being a total cheapskate and doing everything as simply and as basic as possible.....as I don't have much money anyway...but I really like the idea of combining say a really old lens system with a modern digital camera....I am hoping the quirky randomness might yeald some good surprises

....and providing I don't get anymore jip from the camera saying 'write protect' you might be getting some examples of the kinds of wildlife in this area where I live.....best....Veryan

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! I love the ability to use adapted lenses on these cameras. I started out with a number of old film lenses that I bought on Ebay. Enjoy! :smile:

3. veryanweston

veryanweston New to Mu-43

Feb 20, 2013
    Welwyn Garden City
    thanks for reply

OK....thank you Bob....here in UK here we have a lot of charity shops now (specially now with the recession) and there's a load of old lenses in the nearest shop to me a few hundred yards away .....although having various names and makes they have pentax inscribed on the barrel in small writing, so I assume this is the converter I would need to buy yes?...... for example something that might say 'pentax - M4/3'....which I could buy on Ebay UK??

best for now

veryan

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Veryanweston, welcome to the forum!

Regards,

Jim