Experiencing "focus shake" with the Olympus 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO -- is this common with Oly lenses?

Trixter

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jim Leonard
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know about "locked into", because the Oly 60mm macro focuses amazingly on the same body at the same res and framerate (I was tracking butterflies walking along a fence at 1:1, it was incredible). And it doesn't shudder at 60p, only 24p.

That said, I have indeed started the process of trading it in (can't return it as I registered it before discovering the issue, whoops) and am effectively swapping it for the Panasonic 8-18mm and I'll re-run the same test on it once received.

Trixter

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jim Leonard
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've re-run the test with the Panasonic Leica 8-18mm and it does not exhibit any focus shake in any circumstances. So, I guess this is a lesson of "pair manufacturer bodies with manufacturer lenses", at least when it comes to video.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom