Experience with Portrait Professional 11?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by ean10775, Feb 11, 2013.

1. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Does anyone have any experience with Portrait Professional 11? I've downloaded the free trial and, while its very easy to go over the top and wind up with a magazine cover airbrushed appearance, the program seems to enable you to dial it back if it isn't to your taste and makes fast work of skin retouching (one of my least favourite things to do in PP). However, the free trial doesn't let you save any images and doesn't handle RAW files. I'd like to know how the software integrates with LR3/CS5. Any insights as to experience with the software in general or with the LR/PS integration would be welcome. Thanks.
  2. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Handles edges very poorly - often have to start with a much larger image then crop out the mess.

More often than not with multiple faces things just go horribly wrong.

Sometimes it just does not get it right.

Exceptionally heavy handed.

Many times things look about right but upon export there are major flaws introduced.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    It works very well for me. I just use it to smooth my teenagers' complexions. Our Christmas card looked much nicer thanks to Portrait Professional.

The default settings may be appropriate if you're shooting an ad campaign or some other project requiring an idealized face and the identity of the model is not important. If you want a likeness of your subject, though, you need to turn off features such as facial geometry that make drastic changes.

I use different software for post-processing from what you use, but I use Portrait Professional in the middle of my tool chain. I give it a tiff and take a tiff out.