1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Experience with EM10 and CA correction?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by WT21, Jun 2, 2014.

1. WT21

WT21 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Boston
    I prefer jpg, and am looking for a simpler life, so jpg and minimal post production is where I've been shooting the last 6 months +

I liked the EM5 I had, but my favorite lenses (PL25 and others) had heavy CA (especially purple fringing).

Has anyone used the EM10 w/it's auto-correct CA? How's it working with some of the more suspect lenses?

2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, USA
    I shoot jpeg and I still see minor CA to some degree on my E-M10. Though I have a process I use when editing to minimize it. Honestly I don't think it's that bad, but then I shoot DSLRs where it's far more noticeable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Medley

Medley Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2014
    I have an E-M10 and several original Panasonic m43 lenses (as well as two others that are not). It appears that the E-M10 is not correcting CA from the Pana 14-45, at least in strong light/dark contrast situations. I just fix it in post. I don't see any with the Oly 45/1.8 in the same test scenario, so I'm assuming my E-M10 corrects for it. I haven't noticed any with my 7.5 fisheye.

4. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    I have the E-M1, that has the same image processor as the E-M10, and CA is much lower than it is with the E-M5. The difference is very obvious with a lens like the 17/1.8, 9-18 zoom, 14/2.5 and even the 25/1.8. When the prices on the E-M10 start coming down, I'll probably pick one up for times when I want something smaller and lighter than the E-M1.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.