Experience with ACMAXX screen protector (for OM-D)?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by morthcam58, Jul 9, 2012.

1. morthcam58

morthcam58 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 14, 2012
    near Baltimore
    I tried the ACMAXX LCD screen protector for the OM-D -- read that it worked well with the touch-screen feature. I ended up with a lot of bubbles and couldn't get them out, eventually had to give up. I've put several screen protectors on LCDs over the years, and this is the first one to just not work.

They're offering me a refund or a replacement -- anyone out there with good/bad experiences with this screen? I found a few threads with good things to say about this screen for other cameras -- trying to decide whether to take a refund or try again.

2. mister_roboto

mister_roboto Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Seattle, WA, USA
    I have this protector.

Really- ifcould I go back I would have just used a generic protector and cut it down. I didn't have the bubble problem though- a few minor ones, but I got them out. Usually by re lifting and reapplying, with occasional scotch tape on the back to lift off dust that might have gotten in-between the protector and glass.

I actually had 2 protectors, one was damaged by me, and a back up that's on there now. For the same price I could have gotten quite a few generic ones that fit the whole glass- I was a bit peeved that the ACMAXX protectors are a little short/smaller than the glass.

I had a ACMAXX protector for my E-P2 which was great- it was the harder plastic type. They don't make one for the E-M5, probably due to the touch capacity of the OLED.
  3. c_henry

c_henry Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2012
    I've got the ACMAXX and had no problems getting it on, which is unusual for me! Works a treat as well. Waiting for another one to come in from the US, hopefully that'll go straight on with no problems as well.