Expanding E-PL1 Dynamic Range with HDR Simulation

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I used the $16 Mediachance ReDynaMix plug-in to deal with the strong sunshine reflections in these images.
You can download a trial version here: ReDynamix, Photoshop plug-in, HDR from single file
The first image had noise reduction first with Topaz DeNoise 5. The second image didn't need noise reduction.
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/isabel95/5381888521/" title="P1232043 ReDynaMix HDR Simulation by Isabel Cutler, on Flickr">
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1008" height="756" alt="P1232043 ReDynaMix HDR Simulation" /></a>
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/isabel95/5381888321/" title="P1232042 ReDynaMix HDR Simulation by Isabel Cutler, on Flickr">
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1008" height="756" alt="P1232042 ReDynaMix HDR Simulation" /></a>
Both images I used were jpg images, although I shot in RAW as well. In many cases I prefer using the jpgs from the camera, which I have set for iEnhance color.

Isabel

Brian G

Mu-43 Veteran
Nicely done images, there.

I too have been experimenting with HDR processing, not necessarily for it's "steroidal" look, but to give the appearance of more optimized dynamic range.

I see it as a very useful tool. Were you happy with the results, relative to the non-HDR-processed images?

Brian

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Oops!, Brian...

Thank you for the kind comment.
Isabel

Nicely done images, there.

I too have been experimenting with HDR processing, not necessarily for it's "steroidal" look, but to give the appearance of more optimized dynamic range.

I see it as a very useful tool. Were you happy with the results, relative to the non-HDR-processed images?

Brian

isabel95

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Yes...I get much better dynamic range when I use...

mediachance ReDynaMix.

I have to be very careful with it so that pictures DON'T look illustrative, as many hdr images do.

Sometimes I will go for an extreme look, but most of the time my use for this plug-in is to increase dynamic range when I have very bright highlights for which I had to underexpose, resulting in shadow areas lacking details.

Isabel

Top Bottom