1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

EXIF Data Software for OS X Lion?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Biro, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    I wasn't sure where to post this but this forum seems as good a place as any. For the past several years, I have used a $15 application called EXIF Everywhere on my older iMac in order to view the EXIF data of images I see on the Internet. It worked fabulously.

Ratchet forward to this year and my purchase of a brand-new iMac with i7 chip and my discovery that the old EXIF Everywhere isn't compatible with OS X Lion. So I downloaded the latest version that's supposed to be compatible via the App Store. It still doesn't work - at least not for me. The App Store people were great and quickly refunded my purchase price.

So here's my question: What are Mac people with OS X Lion using to read EXIF data? Are there any forum members who can make some suggstions? Of course, I still have iOS 5 to think about as well.

2. p@ul

p@ul Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2011
    I have a pc and use a free program by opanda to read exif data. I'll bet they have a program for apple too.

3. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    There's EXIFtool, but it's a command-line program.

4. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    iExifer looks pretty good ($4). Personally, I use the command line EXIF viewer. Would be nice if somebody made a Mac GUI for it though.

DH

5. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    I use Aperture and CS5 ... no problem with either of those programs reading EXIF.

Gary

6. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    Exif Viewer 2.7 is free and runs fine in Lion

7. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Dara
    No RAW support though, if that matters to the OP.

DH

8. shnitz

shnitz Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I use EXIF Extreme. $5 on the App store.

9. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, Aperture will read EXIF. (which reminds me, I'll have to update that program as well). I'm talking about quick EXIF reading on the fly as I look at other people's images on the Internet. EXIF Viewer and EXIF Extreme seem like the sort of application I'm looking for.