Exciting fact - the M43 & Olympus 2nd hand market will outlive me...

BushmanOrig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Siegfried
It's day X and my EM1 II just keeps on being better and more fun to work with. I don't really know why but I am totally rediscovering my EM1, my wonderful Pen F, and my lenses... For example, I never realized the 12-50mm is a parfocal lens, did you know that?

The Pen F is just amazing in terms of its color functions, creative functions, and the best of all its not an EM1 II...

And I still have room to upgrade...

It's clear the Olympus secondhand market is going to outlive me easily...

Checking a secondhand site I saw an older GH2 at a giveaway price. The seller wrote the camera AF does not work and studying images I saw the dial is set to MF. Bought the GH2 and now rediscovering a great M43 camera, a type of legend...

M43 folks we have a bright and exciting future...

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Not just M4/3 either Bushman. APSc and full frame slr’s are more plentiful than photographers! Prices are falling, everyone wants Mirrorless. I don’t care what I play with. It’s a great time to be a photographer! It’s all good.

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
I bought an XE1 many years ago which the seller said had a non functioning flash. As a consequence, I got it cheap. Turns out it was because it was set to silent shooting and Fuji disable the flash in that mode!

There's still a market for Samsung NX, so I'm totally sure that whatever happens to Olympus, there will be trading going on for years.

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Unfortunately, while I expect no immediate change in my life above ground, I suspect the 2nd hand market of most systems will outlive me! I'm gonna get buried with at least one camera and an empty SD card. After that, follow my posts on Flickr.

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
Definitely enough gear to go around. My :mu43: kit is primary, but $450 for a D600 (reshuttered) and D series lenses for cheap: why not?

I got a Nikon lens "MF only" that apparently was tested on a body sans AF motor.

stevedo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
LOL - @BushmanOrig your posts just get worse. Now we have predictions of the future masquerading as "facts".

:) :) :) :p:whistling:

"Exciting fact - the M43 & Olympus 2nd hand market will outlive me..."

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
LOL - @BushmanOrig your posts just get worse. Now we have predictions of the future masquerading as "facts".

:) :) :) :p:whistling:

"Exciting fact - the M43 & Olympus 2nd hand market will outlive me..."
Well, given that I can still buy Olympus gear from the 1960s, in this case Siegfried is probably right. "Fact" may be pushing it too far, but "in all reasonable probability" will likely not prove any of us to be hostages to fortune!

spdavies

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Stephen
Why is anyone even disputing this? Of course the second-hand market will go on as long as there are cameras to sell, and there are many hundreds of thousands of them out there. At some point, there will even be beautiful low mileage models available as the rarely-used cameras start being sold. :cool:

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yes, and I’m looking at purchasing one now. 12 yrs old and never been used! OMG, don’t tell anyone.....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom