EVF & LCD handling.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by karolus10, Jun 3, 2013.

1. karolus10

karolus10 New to Mu-43

Jun 3, 2013
    Poland
    Karol (charles)
    Hello,

First, I want to welcome the community of Mu-43.com, It's a pleasure to Meet You guys :biggrin:.

I've sold recently my old DSLR (Canon 450D) and started my searching for a new camera system, smaller and lighter than DSLR so my gear could be with me more often than laying on shelf (what happened quite often recently).

I decided to take my chances with compact system cameras, but after few weeks of searching informations about systems, cameras and lenses choices, this topic is still unexplored ground for me :confused:.

I would like to ask You about Your experiences (quality and comfort) with using EVF...
    I'm viewfinder type of guy, so it's an essential topic for me and I had no ability to see IRL Olympus EVF's (Panasonic G3 weren't too god, but EVF's in sony SLT cameras where great), especially VF-2 viewfinder and coming VF-4 (I had some hopes about this one) VS viewfinders in EM-5 (space for nose over external one ?) and Panasonic bodies.

Also I would like to know how most often you handle your cameras when using LCD screens (live-view in 450D was a crap and I never used it) for best stability (zombie hands :mad: ?) and their usability in daylight.

I tested some Olympus and Sony mirror-less cameras and I found that only stable use of LCD screen was using it when tilted (I underestimated this feature before) and use it from waist level.

Hasselblad_waist-level_viewfinder.

I will be happy to hear about your experiences and opinions :wink: !

PS: I had dozen of legacy (M42 screw) lenses and I would like to know how this cameras are doing when comes to manual focusing (AF confirmation or whatever)...

2. 350duser

350duser Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2012
    Brisbane, QLD
    Love the EVF on EM5
    Big reason to keep me in micro 4/3rd world.
    Having recently acquired glasses for near vision it was a pain to take the photo and then put glasses on to review it on my canon 5dii.
    Now i do not take my eye off the viewfinder. The screen is calibrated to my optical number and i review the images on it. I can decide how long the images stay on the screen for so in a fast changing situation I do not review or have them on for 0.3 or 0.5 secs.
    The LCD is good for overhead or waist level shots and for reviewing at leisure.