everything i need to know about the panasonic evf

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by back alley, Mar 20, 2010.

1. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    it looks like i'm gonna start looking for a evf for the gf1 as i find it impossible to use outdoors with just the lcd (very disappointing).

what can you tell me about them?

joe

2. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I like mine very much - suits the way I shoot. Lower res than some others, but it works very well.

Not much else to say really, unless you have specific questions.

3. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    thanks for the reply.
    no specific questions - i was not planning on getting one so i did no reading up on them.
    i understand the resolution is low, lower than the g1 and i wonder about that.
    rumour has it that there is an improved version in the works and that makes me think i should perhaps wait.

any good sites that have info on these?

4. texascbx

texascbx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    That's why I bought a G1.:biggrin:

5. Razer

Razer Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    Wigan
    I just recently added the EVF to my GF1, yesterday in fact.

Tbh i wasn't expecting much granted it nowere near a good as the G1's EVF as that superb, but for what it is it get the job done.

Also report's say due to the low rez ie only 202k, it's impossible to manually focus with it.

Well i tried this yesterday with the 20mm & managed to get focus spot on everytime using the EVF, so wasn't to much of a problem.

To me the EVF is worth having, because there will be days were you simply need one.

If the rumors are true about a new EVF coming out, i don't think we see it till at least Photokina this year.

6. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    for me, the finder will be for seeing the image outdoors and framing.
    i have no intention of using non af lenses.

think i need to start looking for one.