1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Everything Australian thread ( Inspired by Filipina thread) ;)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

So Okay guys ..
    Lets divide this wonderful forum into Americans , Australians, Chinese, filipina etc etc and make other members feel excluded and perplexed about discussion in such threads..hahaahahah I am not raising an objection to filipina thread but I dont like this idea of nationality based threads. We are all photography lover netizens , beyond borders , beyond color , religion or anything .Hence its my polite humble request NOT to start threads like Everything Australian ..:wink::wink::wink::wink:
    ( I am gonna hide now as all my filipino friends will hunt me and shoot me hahahahahahahah :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:)
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Actually, it could be interesting to have specific threads by nationalities. It could be a great way to highlight those things that are specific/peculiar/unique to a particular country or culture. I enjoy seeing things that I might never see in person or might never have heard of otherwise. Lets share our world with one another - be a nice addition to all of the gear threads! :biggrin:

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Why would you have an issue with people wanting to share their heritage and culture? Seems a little surprising from someone who has migrated themselves!?! Please let's see threads representing people,places, and culture we may never see in person.

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I would love this kind of thread but wont start with Filipino only thread .. Everyone is welcome to share their culture and beliefs but if u have noticed there are hardly any posts from non-filiponos. If they change thread to something like -- Lets share our filipino culture with everyone thats different then.ANyway my apologies if I have offeneded anyone .May be we should change the thread name to something else .
    Cheers

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I don't find your post offensive - but I do think it's an opportunity to start some culture based threads to share photos of distinctive features/foods/rituals, etc. You may have inspired something really positive! :cool: