1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Everything Australian thread ( Inspired by Filipina thread) ;)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Bhupinder2002, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

So Okay guys ..
    Lets divide this wonderful forum into Americans , Australians, Chinese, filipina etc etc and make other members feel excluded and perplexed about discussion in such threads..hahaahahah I am not raising an objection to filipina thread but I dont like this idea of nationality based threads. We are all photography lover netizens , beyond borders , beyond color , religion or anything .Hence its my polite humble request NOT to start threads like Everything Australian ..:wink::wink::wink::wink:
    ( I am gonna hide now as all my filipino friends will hunt me and shoot me hahahahahahahah :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:)
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Actually, it could be interesting to have specific threads by nationalities. It could be a great way to highlight those things that are specific/peculiar/unique to a particular country or culture. I enjoy seeing things that I might never see in person or might never have heard of otherwise. Lets share our world with one another - be a nice addition to all of the gear threads! :biggrin:

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Why would you have an issue with people wanting to share their heritage and culture? Seems a little surprising from someone who has migrated themselves!?! Please let's see threads representing people,places, and culture we may never see in person.

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

I would love this kind of thread but wont start with Filipino only thread .. Everyone is welcome to share their culture and beliefs but if u have noticed there are hardly any posts from non-filiponos. If they change thread to something like -- Lets share our filipino culture with everyone thats different then.ANyway my apologies if I have offeneded anyone .May be we should change the thread name to something else .
    Cheers

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I don't find your post offensive - but I do think it's an opportunity to start some culture based threads to share photos of distinctive features/foods/rituals, etc. You may have inspired something really positive! :cool: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.