1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Eva Braun's private photos

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Vivalo, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Vivalo

Vivalo Olympus Loser

Nov 16, 2010
    Finland
    Eva had some keepers too back in the 30's and 40's. It is confusing how such an ordinary looking people could have done such a horrible things as it turned out. Anyway here's the link to the Life's photo gallery. The "Braun and Bear" is my favourite.

RARE: Eva Braun's Private Photos - Photo Gallery - LIFE

• Like Like x 6
  2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    Those are fascinating.
    People of wrongness don't generally have horns or tentacles, especially if they put themselves forward for public display.

3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Thanks for the link... for me it was chilling.

4. mauve

mauve Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2010
    Paris, France
    Exactly what H. Arendt called 'the banality of evil'.

Although as far as I know, Miss Braun was essentially a superficial and vain teenager posing as model when she met Hitler. He notoriously disliked witty and intelligent women, so we can guess she was neither of this. Probably what we would call a bimbo today that couldn't care less about the politics around her as long as she could have tailor made clothes and make up for free. Oh well...

On the other hand, every and each other of the depicted persons deserved in full what happened to them.

Cheers,

5. BrianK

BrianK Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 20, 2011
    Lansing MI
    Master of the House was creepy and chilling.

6. sinpig

sinpig Mu-43 Regular

Sep 2, 2010
    Superior, WI
    I didn't know women could wear swim suits day in and day out in the lates 1930's. It's really disturbing to see them have such a great lives, no care in the world, while so many innocents are being chase. It's unnerving to me.

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Yes they are all very chilling to look at today and its hard to imagine acting the same way at the time, but then who knows how much the kinfolk even knew of what was happening off at the front - they probably bought the happy talk they were no doubt getting about how superior their nation was and how it was prevailing and would prevail over all enemies. And I'd like to hope they didn't know what was happening in the camps, because how could anyone go on in the face of THAT? But there are so many levels of bad and evil in the world and its far too easy to disassociate our actions and how we live in one part of the world from reactions and how other folks are affected in another part of the world and its just too easy to rationalize soooo many concerns away. Its almost possible to imagine Eva and her civilian cohorts not looking too closely at what they really didn't want to see. That man and those around him were about the purest forms of evil that humanity has come up with in recent history, but there are so many levels of it we don't even notice. And we'd probably go crazy if we really opened our eyes to it all. And, no, I'm not making a direct comparison, just recognizing how easy and even necessary it must have seemed to carry on as usual for those not directly involved...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1